Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Icps alabamensis distribution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, mine were doing GREAT! until the squirrel(s) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] decided to decimate the pots. Got one back in the pot before it dried and died; but didn't find anything of the other one; not even 1 lonely pitcher. It was the plant that was growing the best. The rescued pot put up more pitchers this year, but did not flower. Hopefully in 2005!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]

Now the plants from Crestview Rescue look like they will recover just fine. All the plants are in a squirrel proof cage right now. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Rick Myers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 003 is doing great and I'm surprised how quickly it's grown. It started a flower stalk but I cut it off so the plant could spend its energy on growing.

My 001, unfortunately, died this spring. It had been the larger (and more highly colored) of the two and seemed to come out of dormancy like all my other Sarrs. But it suddenly wilted during the spring and lost all its pitchers. I let it sit for a month or more before removing it from the sphagnum it shared with the 003. It had a great root system and no sign of insect damage, but the rhizome was a brown lump.

Hopefully we can do some pollen trading in the spring.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i haven't had this yet but i sent a seed order form in today for S. oreo, S. Flava, and i said alabamensis if there were any available. so hopefully in 2005
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Al 001, Al 002,And Al 003. The lone Al 001 is quite small, and about 9 months. The Al 002's are numerous. Maybe 10. The Al 003 is one large mature plant, very robust, or maybe just plain fat from gorging on flies and wasps, and the seedling pot has maybe 10 or 15 babies. These were a gift from Barry Rice. My other Alabamensis is non ICPS coded, and came from Chilton County, near Thorsby, Alabama. Very aerolated hood, and nicely colored up. I am up to my eyeballs in Alabams!!!! Can't think of a better way to live!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugweed,

Me either, as I watch my collection grow! It is wonderful affliction to those of us that enjoy life!

Rick
    Rick Myers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, Rick. Wotta way to live!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 02 and 03 are both doing great but no flowers this year. Thinking next year or two for 03 but several years off on flowers for the 02 as it is still a bit small.

Brian
    expletive deleted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that the ones that received plants were supposed to allow the plants to seed and send it in to the seed bank so others may get seeds. Why did anyone cut off a seed stalk?
    3 things I am thankful for -
    Women, whiskey and...the Barry Gibb Talk Show.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast