I'm going to send her a little message.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my email to her.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Hello, I have a few comments about your Drosera intermedia (Sundew) auctions. These plants are getting more and more rare in the wild, and it's clear that you're selling wild collected plants. While they may be few left in the wild, they grow like weeds in cultivation. I highly doubt that you'll get anybody to that'll pay that high a price and agree to drive to where you are to pick them up. With the price of proper packaging and shipping, not to mention the high fines and possible jail time that you can get for poaching them, you'll never make a decent profit on these plants. Why don't you leave them where they are so others can also enjoy them. Besides it's against ebay's rules to sell illegally wild collected plants.
    I don't know what Fla. laws are regarding poaching, but in NC you'd receive a fine for $2000 and six months in jail for poaching a Drosera intermedia. It's really something to think about. If you need any help or if you have any questions please email me.
    Thanks
    Mark

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe it is illegal to remove the plants if they are on your private property.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not. She owns everything on that property to do with as she pleases. It sucks, but its true.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sitting there thinking... what I would give to have that property!!!!!
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, it's not illegal, but who knows if it is her property? I sure don't. If this is her property, I'm not going to tell her it's ok.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got these two emails from her.

Quote[/b] ]These plants are growing on my won property and I have hundreds of thousands of them. Why would you even suggest that I am poaching them?
    Karen
    and

Quote[/b] ]I'm sorry for the previous "typo". By won I meant "own".
    It's presumptious and rude for you to come right out and say to me that I'm poaching these plants. I think that if you can send me an email of that nature I ought to be able to send you one back saying what I think of such rudeness.
    In the future you might want to consider your words or perhaps offer concern for your presumptions to the other person before talking to someone in that manner.
    I find it quite offensive.
    Karen
    For some reason she seems to be a little touchy about the word poaching. I wonder if there is a hidden reason for that.

If you look at my email to her I never came out a said she was poaching. I just told her what the penalties can be for poaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the word games, Ozzy. Its her property, she can do what she wants with it. And it's, unfortunately, none of your business. Leave her alone, write her that apology because of the insinuation of poaching, and be done with it. She might be able to take legal action for defamation of character, and we DO NOT want to go there. Consider the law only when dealing with stuff like this, and know that she is in the right. Not you
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast