Thread: S. alata rescue, covington la

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted:

http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=18458

I thought I'd give an update.

Mike Howlett and I drove from Houston TX to Covington LA yesterday, where this threatened stand of S. alata is.

There was great genetic variation, and we tried to rescue as wide a variety as possible. We probably dug about 100 plants or so.

We found S. alata with coppertops, extensive veining, almost no veining, deep red lids, huge lids, small lids, short and squat, tall and lanky...

We also found one lone S. psittacina, and spent a lot of time looking for more.

There were also huge numbers of D. capillaris and D. brevifolia.

Many plants were growing right in bulldozer tracks; they are amazingly resiliant.

I will be mailing out the extra plants to interested growers, but I want to figure out first how to do it... I would like to request donations be made to ICPS in lieu of paying me for postage, but I need to work out the details.

There still are ENORMOUS number of plants in need of rescue!
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh me. I want some. How much do you watn donated? Or I can trade platns but I assume you want donations? Do you want the donations directly to the ICPS or to you who then forwards them tot he ICPS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 12 2005,4:51)]Oh me. I want some. How much do you watn donated? Or I can trade platns but I assume you want donations? Do you want the donations directly to the ICPS or to you who then forwards them tot he ICPS?
    I still need to figure out how I would do this, but I would prefer some way to have the money donated directly, with confirmation from the receiving organisation to me.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Barry is going to like doing this. Perhaps you should ask him first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SarraceniaScott. Why not give them out through the NASC? Get ahold of PAK to see how we can help. Remember, we are working with the ICPS, not against them. Give us some thought.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this is a continuation of the thread I started entitled 'S. alata rescue alert', could we eliminate my thread to avoid confusion, duplication of effort? I would be able to take in plants, but I live nowhere near Louisiana to help.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would liek some, how much of a donation?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the site being developed now or is it scheduled to be developed soon? Either way how long do we have to save more plants? There is nothing that I can do right now, but I may be able to get there in June. Will there be anything left then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast