Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green swamp poached

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm no VFTs on ebay yet. Yeah well Equilibrio is crazy and a horrible nursery and anyone who buys VFTs from them is crazy (this is my true feelings about them not jsut b/c I'm on terra).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ June 13 2005,1:26)]Hmm no VFTs on ebay yet. Yeah well Equilibrio is crazy and a horrible nursery and anyone who buys VFTs from them is crazy (this is my true feelings about them not jsut b/c I'm on terra).
    I bought a book from them. What makes them a bad nursery?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I think is happening.
    There is a cp greenhouse that pays people to bring them plants. I have talked to the owner and he as told me that he buys cp's from people that go around and collects them. So the ones that's are doing the poaching are really selling them for a low price. The GH owner then pots them up grows the under extreme amounts of light and then ships them around the country for $45 for a case of 25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you doing/what can we do to discourage this practice?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to contact the person in charge of the site and talk to him.
    What you can do is watch ebay for any bare root flytraps. Be on the lookout for any bare root vft's for sale, not just on ebay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I forget the story, but one person was awoken in the A of M, and the caller DEMANDED to acquire 100,000 flytraps
    Yeah, that was Donald Schnell. I don't think there's any evidence of an ything to do with The Netherlands though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oz,

Do you mean the person that has been busted for this practice before in NC, or the one in NY that pays others to do his dirty work?

Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the person I am thinking of as not been busted before (as far as I know).
    No, the person or GH is not from NY.

I want to add, that everything I have said about this is my opinion and not fact. I don't know anymore about the case other than what has been reported to the media.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast