Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Hails from North Carolina
    Henderson County
    McClure's Bog
    Very impressive! Talk about location data [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I have traded several of these away over the past year or two. They divide quite nicely. Always sending out new divisions. I had to wait almost 5 years for my "standard" venosa to divide, much less send up a flower stalk.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you never got that location data from me! Too many secrets, is the cause of poaching, as well as the lack of giving for the various color/plant forms. If everyone could get the color forms they wanted, location codes would be unnecessary, and visits could be set up so one and all could visit the sites, and love the plants in place. Since you had it at home already, the visit would be for pleasure, not poaching. Go figure!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Oct. 09 2005,9:38)]Yup! Georgia form.
    Not necessarily, I have seen a slew of younger NC plants and they all look like that.

Jerry, if you are comfortable posting who gave you that plant please do (and if not drop me a PM) If it is from who I suspect it is then that is the NC montana
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro, The plant came from Brooks Garcia. He had it verified by Ron Gagliardo. If you want to know how he got it, ask him, and do it straight up. Brooks will, no doubt, be more than willing to tell you all about it. No behind the back stuff is necessary here, just ask Brooks. Ask him, and get your answer without all this pussyfootin' around.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Oct. 11 2005,10:58)]Pyro, The plant came from Brooks Garcia. He had it verified by Ron Gagliardo. If you want to know how he got it, ask him, and do it straight up. Brooks will, no doubt, be more than willing to tell you all about it. No behind the back stuff is necessary here, just ask Brooks. Ask him, and get your answer without all this pussyfootin' around.
    Bug,

I am not pussyfootin' and I rather resent the implication that I am trying to pull some nefarious behind the back thing.

Did you even read my post?!?

I directly asked Jerry who he got the plant from (not how) and it is right there in my post. I said that if he was not comfortable posting it in public (something that some people don't like to do) then he could PM me. That isn't "pussyfootin' " that is called being considerate. You will also note that I said I suspected who it came from anyways and my suspision was that it was Brooks (as he has been the source for many of the montanas out there.)

As for asking Brooks, I don't have to do that because I already had nice long conversation with Brooks about his montanas some time ago. I was well aware of the fact that they were confirmed to be that by Ron.

The point I was making (which is plainly stated for anyone who took the time to actually read my post) is that if Jerry's plant came from the person I suspected it came from (i.e. Brooks) then it is NOT the Georgia form of montana. It is the Tom's Swamp NC form. And I know this because I also had a nice long conversation with Ron about it. He put that one into TC while with AgriStarts so any commercial montana you get is the NC form.

So there go go. No pussyfootin'. No behind the back stuff. Just coming straight to the point and saying that your hasty identification of the plant as the GA form was wrong. And my goal was to clear that up (which, again, is right there in my original post.)
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm. I was told differently. So then that clears that up, and no pussyfooting was necessary. However, you can take whatever I say anyway you want. If you think I implied anything, well that's on you. Personally, it doesn't matter as to anything but identification, which I am glad is finally cleared up. Again, I was told differently, but that does not matter as long as we know the facts. If you feel attacked, too bad, I didn't attack you, though you feel I did. You feel like resenting, then knock yourself out while I pay attention to what matters. Growing CP, and getting the ID's right. Thanks for that part anyway, Pyro, while I ignore the rest. Too sensitive, compadre. And in this group, you can't afford it, unless you like being mad.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, if it was only about clarification of ID then the proper course of action would have been to wait until Jerry posted and see what I had to say or to state that according to the information you had it was the GA clone.

I cannot think of a single reason that clarification of ID would require you to make comments about me doing things "behind the back" or "pussyfootin' " or that I was not doing things "straight up". None of those things have anything to do with identification but they very much come off as jabs at me. Maybe I am wrong, it happens often enough to be sure. I am not too proud to admit when I am wrong either, I just don't see how your comments have any relation to my want to correct the identification of the plant.

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and as for being mad, I am not. Bothered, yes. Mad, no. If I were mad I would not have even bothered answering because that is just my way.

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast