What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I support FlyTrapShop.com!

Thanks alot Andrew for the plants I planted the Pitcher plant with no problems and I potted the D.capensis that you gave for free thanks alot both are looking very good hopfully in a few days the sundew will open some new leaves so I can see the dew.. =)

The N.Sanguinea orange is amazing looking came in fine two pitchers one is forming and one is complete hopefully they'll stay for a bit also only problem I guess the mail carrier was a little rough with them and the very top growing point came off there's about 1CM of it still on the plant it it looked like it dried up ok on the tip of it so will this be a problem or will it recover?

Right now it's in a south window where I keep my other nepenthes which is doing good the humidity right now is 45% usually it's around 36 or 38% during the day and 39% or 48% at night and the Temperature is at 71F right now and usually during the day it's 69F to 70F during cloady days and 70F to 75F on nice sunny days will this be ok or should the humidity be more higher to help with the recovery?

The leaves on the nep looks very nice and green so I'm hoping with a few weeks of care it'll come back good also with the purple pitcher venosa should I add some distilled water to it since it's empty or just wait for it to rain?

Thanks again for the plants I'll post some pictures up when the battery on it is done charging so hopefully it'll help.

Hello, on the Nep you mean one of the pitchers that are forming on a new leaf was broke off? or the whole top of the plant?? I guess a picture will show... Those conditions are not too far off from my g/h. (I'm probably more humid.. but not by a whole lot) I would think it will take to that place fine without much setback. I've never added any liquid to my plants upon arrival- but some people do. So, that's your call.

Take care :)
Andrew

Right now it's taking for every to upload the pictures on photobucket and on the manage attachments I have dail-up so it takes forever sometimes.

It's not a leaf or pitcher that broke it's the very top where the leaves form which the top part will form a leaf and a tendril as it grows, but I didn't really know what's it called.

With the purple pitcher I'll leave it be, I watered where I pot it to get the media to settle in good and it looks like it might rain tomorrow so nature will help me out.

Luckily phissionkorps has made this thread

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=868160#post868160 N. Hamakua (N.

Look at the thorelii x (maxima x veitchii) X campanulata):

That's what happened with the N.sanguinea abount 1CM or more of the bottom growth point remains.

It kinda bums me out, but the pitchers on it are nice I hope it can grow somehow I don't know much on Nepenthes yet, but my N.gentle have been happy starting to form a pitcher slowly now that the sun is comming out more.

Besides this I'm very happy with my plants, the purole pitcher looks good so far, the sundews are nice, and the nepenthes pitchers are very nice so hopefully in a couple weeks it'll show signs of improving if it's still green that'll be a good sign.

I'll try to posts pictures of it when the internet works with me. =\

Sounds like just the leaf that was forming out of the top of the plant.. so basically a pitcher won't form on that leaf.. but should continue growing just fine from there I would think.
Andrew

got my order in today(sounds like i keep repeating myself...) and everything looked great, couldnt believe the size difference of the Akai Ryu and the color! S. minor had 5 flowers and about 5 pitchers, and N. saguinea has 2 pitchers and the plant is bigger than i was expecting. All arrived with no damage(nifty triangle box btw!), kudos on the packaging & quality and im extremely happy, thanks Andrew!

~b

It's been almost two weeks since I received my plants the Purple pitcher venosa is doing well catching a few flys and beetles, the drosera capensis is growing nicely, and the N.Sanguinea is doing wonderful the pitcher that was forming opened it's lid a few days ago and is colored up nicely and the tip where it broke off looks like there's some growth I'm very happy with the order I got great price and good quality plants.

I hope to order another N.sanguinea and some flytraps later on.

Hi,
My Sarrs from Andy arrived! They are huge! I
I posted a lot of pics. I'll also post some pics of the rest of my plants later.I have to go do my homework. :)

I just put in another order with Andrew. Can't wait to get the Sarrs, VFTs, and my second N. sanguinea.

Hi Crystal, thanks for your order! It went out today and you should get it Sat. :)
Enjoy!
Andrew

Thanks Andrew! I'll post pictures when they arrive :). I spent more than I should have haha.

Thank you so much Andrew! My plants arrived today and they were superb and in way better condition than I expected! I will definitely have to order from you later on, since your prices are just so cheap!

Dual Dente&RedDragon

ojnpxx.png

2cr517a.png

2zyfujp.png

2cr517a.jpg

And thanks for the membership even though i was missing $0.01 x_o

Well I guess this thread's working cause after seeing all the pics on this thread and around the forum I put in a order for a S minor and a couple of flytraps last night. Can't wait till they get here so I can post pics!

Andrew seems to be doing a great amount of business now. :D

Andrew, do all the new orders keep you too busy to other things? Like "life" and such?

I bet you're constantly having to zip over to the post office all the time 'eh?

Well, it took me about 3 hours today to pack up 6 orders (that came in since Thursday). Definitely my busiest day yet, and this has been the best month to date :) Put that together with my other 2 jobs and my wife and 2 kids... yah, I'm a busy guy! lol I even found time to change the brakes on my wifes car yesterday hehe (Friday and Sunday are the only days I generally don't ship)
Andrew

hahaha no polygamy, I ordered from Andy and the plants arrived in great conditon. he also ships very quickly.
:bigthumpup:

Thanks Andrew! The plants arrived yesterday in great condition. Very large, very healthy, and lots of flowers! Thanks for the extras. They were so large, I had to throw together another bog garden :banana2:.

P1010004.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010034.jpg

Here are the minor, akai ryu, and dentate traps I got from Andrew. (The flytraps circled in the first pic are the ones I got from him)

I sent in an order last week- it arrived today. Large plants, really good packing (the delivery man left it upside down- I opened it when I came home from work and not a plant was damaged), but I certainly expected someone from the company to drive here and plant them for me. I guess you can't have everything.
As a side question, are you going to restock some of your sold out items in the future?

Buster- I was scheduled to be over there Tuesday at 4:17pm. but since you got it taken care of already, I'll cancel that. hehe

And yes, I'm working on restocking right now. Also getting my grubby hands on a few more Sarracenia. Keep your eyes open ;)

Back