What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I support FlyTrapShop.com!

Placed an order a few weeks ago. I've had the plants for a while, just thought I would show some pics! They were everything I had hoped for them to be.

Double potted Typical/Red Dragon VFT. The Red Dragon had trouble but its growing now.
027.jpg

Typical D. capensis. Came with a full flower stalk, which sadly, has since died, but the plant itself never skipped a beat and is looking great, putting out tons of dew.
026.jpg

N. ventricosa. Lost a few pitchers from shipping shock, not a big deal at all, has since kept up the growth, no new pitchers yet, but a few great ones have opened up that were already on the plant.
029.jpg

028.jpg

You'll notice I pretty much got the basics of CP growing. Thats because I have had each of these plants in the past before, and killed all of them when I was younger, so I thought now that I have put on a few years and gotten more serious about my hobby, I'd go back and get the building blocks of carnivorous plants. And there's nobody I would have rather ordered them from then www.Flytrapshop.com! Good prices, good time, nice packing, shipping, and big healthy plants.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update, always great to see them!! Obviously this entitles you to the thank you membership =-) so I'll get you set up. Also, is that a baby flytrap in the capensis pot? Funny that it caught my eye cause I kinda remember doing that- but not really on a order that went out with a Nepenthes...
Andrew

OH! And fix I'll fix the url in the last line of your post- since I assume you meant it to be FlyTrapShop.com ;)

It is a little flytrap indeed! That was a nice little addition, thanks. I remember thinking that it was so small and that my conditions were pretty meager I didn't expect it to live, but low and behold it is growing strong. :D

About a week ago, I placed an order for a Sarracenia x 'Hummer's Hammerhead' after hearing such great reports about his Sarracenia. It came today, and I was surprised to see how large and clean the plant division was. He included a couple of D. burmannii's, which I am truly grateful to have back in my collection.

It was a wonderful and quick transaction. Do I smell a repeat customer? ;)

Here's my Catesbaei from Andy doing what it does best :)

I sure hope mine has a flower ....lol :hail:
I ordered a Catebii few days ago i should get it Tommorrow :woot:

Daren

That was you? LOL I thought the name seemed familiar but couldn't place it. The plant doesn't have a flower, and doesn't look great. The pitchers on it are from spring (early Feb.) and it just now has a pitcher coming up for fall growth, so really- perfect timing on the purchase I'd say. ;) If it is going to flower, I think it would be soon.

Andrew

UPDATE!

The Sarracenia took a little dive (my fault, the CA sun is terribly hard on the plants), but it's sending out some late season pitchers with that fantastic color:

Plants004.jpg_595.jpg

I know people here have purchased, no comments or pictures? :p
Andrew

My Ventrata is still adjusting to my lamp. However, it's starting to grow again and new pitchers are starting to inflate. I'll take some pictures when the first pitcher opens.

I'm quite happy with my order, everything came safe, and fed! XD

Another update! It's flowering!

adnedarn said:
I know people here have purchased, no comments or pictures? :p

I posted a pic, but I deleted it from my hosting site. >.<

I got my N.miranda and am very happy with it, definitely one of my favorite neps. :)

nmaranda.jpg

I received the N. Rafflesiana, and it looks great!

Thank you Andrew.

-Hermes.

Wow. I can confidently say that for the money you pay, Andrew sends you the most lush and big plants I've ever seen.

fGX5o.jpg

Y9gk0.jpg

FiGh0.jpg

Betcha I can make it grow huge in a month =)

I got my second order from Andy today, 10 2.5" pots. You can bet I was potting up plants all day after school. :)

On another note, that Sarr has been dividing like mad. I last counted 4 growth points, but I may have missed a few.

Got my 3rd order today! 2 bags of Peat. Yay~ I finally was able to pot up this this huge Sarr I got from CPsam.

Here is the S. x catesbaei I got two years ago from Andrew. It's doing really well.

P6090040.jpg

This pitcher just opened up. You can see the flava var. rugelii influence:

P6090043.jpg

its beautiful! Andy you should be an artist :))

Hahaha! I meant to PM you 'bout that, but I guess I never did :p My kids were "helping" me pack that night... and yours was the only one that I knew the person....
Just be glad it was a drawing from Laurel and not Caiden ;-) :jester:
Andrew

Back