Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2008 quick tour of the greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awh are you kidding me? I spend enough time looking at my small collection I could go look at that and help out unpaid pretty happily for a while I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just being around all those plants would be worth working for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin' good!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

they don't HAVE to kill, it's just too many bugs.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I see that Andrew's flytraps are in trays under other trays, how are they getting enough sun?, and I know they must be cause the typicals I got from him had very nice red coloration, the Arizona sun must be intense!, but those trays look like are in the shade,.., are they moved?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice indeed, Andrew.

Are you using a "swamp cooler" to keep the temperatures down? How big is your greenhouse and what size pads (if any) do you have and what is the approximate airflow do you use?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikey View Post
    I see that Andrew's flytraps are in trays under other trays, how are they getting enough sun?, and I know they must be cause the typicals I got from him had very nice red coloration, the Arizona sun must be intense!, but those trays look like are in the shade,.., are they moved?
    I noticed that too. How are they getting enough light under those other plants to be all red like that?
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello!! I'm not sure "how" it works.. but it does! My guess is it's in the twin wall polycarbonate panels. the light coming through is disperced out in all angles, so even under other stuff... the plants get light. See this image, A is glass, or other material... B is twinwall polycarbonate.. http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/poly-diagram.gif Or maybe my sun is just so dang bright, shade is enough! lol I'm actually about to add more shade cloth (the south side was already shaded, but now that the sun has moved north, it's coming in the north side and just heating the heck out of the g/h!)

I do use a swamp cooler. Although we are currently in the monsoon season (we basically have 5 seasons when you add in monsoon which really is completely different than the other 4) so the swamp cooler doesn't work too well. It is a Master Cool brand so instead of just the normal aspin pads, it has thick cardboard-ish pads... which really is the best! It gives air more contact with wet material so it cools much better. The cooler is rated for 1000 sq ft.

Andrew

PS- I'm uploading more pics right now
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diffused lighting seems to make a difference. One of the workers at Peter D'Amato's nursery made a comment that as soon as they move plants into the greenhouse area everything starts to color up wonderfully and credited it to the diffuse lighting. I didn't examine the panels but may be the same stuff.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast