What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What plants do you want to see FlyTrapShop sell?

Cephalotus follicularis

Cephalotus follicularis with reasonable price

I think "reasonable price" can be interpreted different ways. Basic law of supply and demand... unless you find someone who is willing to trade a ceph, because of their limited availability they are not going to priced like sarrs or drosera.

I meant that price for a small one of $35 is reasonable but some people ask for more than that.

$35 - $45 is very reasonable for me.. I'd scoop one or two up at that price.

I would like to see more Nepenthes for sale, and maybe even more Mexican pings. :poke:

I second Exo, more neps!

As requited in this topic, Pinguicula gypsicola propagations were attempted and most were successful. And since my plants are turning back to carnivorous mode, I went ahead and took some more leaves for propagation yesterday. Hopefully they keep going and your wishes on this plants availability should be granted.
Andrew

IMG_0729.JPG

I would like to see more Nepenthes for sale, and maybe even more Mexican pings. :poke:

This :D I found Pings fascinating. Maybe some more Sundews :) AND Live Sphagnum :banana2:

I've done some other pings last week as well.

As requited in this topic, Pinguicula gypsicola propagations were attempted and most were successful. And since my plants are turning back to carnivorous mode, I went ahead and took some more leaves for propagation yesterday. Hopefully they keep going and your wishes on this plants availability should be granted.
Andrew

IMG_0729.JPG

Yay!!! When you put them up for sale, I will definitely buy one

I would like to see if you could sell some B52 flytraps. I can never seem to get a hold of one.

N. "Dragon" cultivars (hard to find, would sell first born for one)
N. Spectibilis
N. Truncata Pasian
N. Truncata KoSxQoH
N. Viking
N. Khasiana (You could probably propagate an army of these guys in a year)
N Macfarlenei
N. Densiflora (EASY TO GROW VILLOSA LOOKALIKE)
MaxSea or comparable fertilizers, ending the massive feeding threads once and for all
Pots w/ matching saucers (i have water stains everwhere in my house)
S. x Cobra Nest (Sarracenia for dummies)
S. Rubra ssp. Rubra and S. Rubra ssp. Jonesii (Best sarracenia ever)
More Flava cultivars please!

More Dionaea varieties, cultivars, what-have-you, may be a good idea. They always seem popular . . .

i think helis and cephs would be extremely popular. if u could TC helis or buy them in bulk, i think it would be very popular because not many other sites have them. people are always looking for a place to find them and it would defiantly be a positive to have. IMHO

I'm not a member of ICPS though I know they have a system like this, but what about a seed bank? As in you classify the rarity and costs of seeds on a scale of one to ten, and people can send you seeds. Say they send you a rare sarracenia variety that rates an "eight". They would get a certain number of points less than that, say four points, which they can use to buy four sets of D. capensis seeds, rated at a "one". This way it's like buying the seeds at half the price you'd sell to a consumer, only you're not actually paying money.

Basically, members can give you seeds and get 1/2 their worth in credit to get other seeds they want, and since it's not exact you can sell the excess. Everyone wins!

In theory, anyway, there are all these nitpicky details. I'd participate!

I second everyone's ideas! ^^'
But my personal ideas would be:
More flytraps! I mean, it's called the flytrapshop afterall ;) On the verge of sounding selfish, Gold Strike would be a sweet addition.
More Sarracenia, Sundews, and Butterworts!!!
Good priced Cephs and Helis would also be so appreciated.
And don't forget the grand Cobra Lily! Preferably the Mountain variety.
I also agree on the fertilizers, pesticides, etc bit.
Oh, oh! Trays, Humidity Domes, and budget-friendly Mini-Greenhouses!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Larger volumes of media for a slightly discounted price (as compared to say, buying 8 1-gallon bags)

And for the site itself, I think it'd be much more neater/cleaner/user-friendly to have one block for a particular plant with the option to buy it either bare root or potted, instead of having separate listings for the plant potted and bareroot. I do have a particular site in mind that already does this and I'd like to show it, but I don't want to break any rules.

I am done :D

Last edited:
I'd like to see more Drosera, and Utrics~

Last edited by a moderator:
I basically want to see seeds. I like growing things from seed much more than the live plant, even if it takes a while. There aren't seeds on flytrapshop, which makes me sad.

Back