What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What plants do you want to see FlyTrapShop sell?

i would love to see some pygmys and gemmae in the store inclouding some seeds from neps, sarrs, vfts, pings, droseras and other cp plants :-O

When will neps be in stock? I want to get a starter one but they're all out of stock...

I know there are some in stock, and a couple not. Please PM me which you were looking for.
Andrew

When will neps be in stock? I want to get a starter one but they're all out of stock...

He ships truly epic specimens that grow as if they haven't left the greenhouse for a day. I wanted a Raff when I was ordering but I noticed he didn't have one available. If only I knew to PM him.

I want to see some Utrics! They should be easy enough to propagate.

U. warburgii would be a very pleasant one. ;)

and U. Pubescens!!

How about some Dionaea "Red Piranha" or "Red Sawtooth" ?

just more nepenthes like Raja or simpler highlanders/intermidiants....(truncata's)

Id like to get a D. regia and a S. "Jonesii" if possible.

Id also like to vote for the idea of having a place to find appropriate fungicides and other "hardware" for growing plants. Ive had to make numerous trips to different stores to find different soils, fungicides, pots, lights, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe offer a section just for seeds of all species

Darlingtonia, Cephalotus, more Drosera!

More Pinguicula!

More more more!

Heliamphora and more Nepenthes species!!!!!! :)

More Nepenthes and Darlingtonia and Cephalotus.

How about some pygmy dew gemmae? And a little ol Cephalotus follicularis Dudley Watts... :lol:

I would love to see some more Nepenthes hybrids. As a Nep n00b, I think there's a huge market for Neps with ornate pitchers that aren't too picky about conditions or abuse. Things with N. maxima or N. ventricosa in the parentage. I'm thinking N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, N. ventricosa x spectabilis, etc.

Round or square (though I prefer round at these sizes) 4", 5", 6", and 8" pots. My plants are all up to 4"-8" pots right now.

I would like to second several people's suggestions and add my own:
- a dedicated and well stocked seed and gemmae section
- genlisea and utricularia starters
- live sphagnum (when possible)
- quality square pots in cp friendly sizes (including net pots!)
- non-draining seed trays

Yeah... me gusta. I order most of my supplies online from three or four different sources. It would be nice to have a one-stop shop for plants and supplies.

Since we can't post plants for trade that flytrapshop sells, it's bittersweet when
flytrapshop adds something else to their online inventory.
Especially if it's a nepenthes, I don't care about dews and pings as much

This being said, I think flytrapshop should sell Ultricularia :D
I hardly trade for those!

Althought I personally don't think I need anything for the rest of the season here are some ideas. I feel your shop seems to like having cheap prices so I don't expect you to go out and get really rare nepenthes or anything like this, so I'm only suggesting common stuff.

I think the sarracenia selection is pretty good.

Sundews I think adding some Binata's or Filiformis or both would be good, just to get different varieties.

Flytraps are missing the typical variation but I guess you can find that anywhere even in local stores so doesn't really matter to much.

It would be nice to get some cheaper butterwarts, like pinguicula moranensis or pinguicula primuliflora.

Nepenthes is fine, maybe san guinea or ventricosa.

Back