User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: What plants do you want to see FlyTrapShop sell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Andy grow his own stock? If so a lot of the rare cultivars are rare because they are difficult to propagate and aren't fast growers. It may seem like it's very obvious, but a very true statement. They may not appeal to a large number of specialized growers too but the regular joes are not going to care about rare and difficult cultivar. Not too many people are willing to plop $40 on a D. graomogolensis when they can get a capensis for a few dollars.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt View Post
    If you guys haven't noticed, there is N.ventrata.

Haha! Good eye! I basically added them when I put the Miranda on ebay. It actually tossed me for a loop when I went out today to pack orders and imidiately went for the N. ventricosa and about half way through untangling one out of the tray I realized it was the newly added N. ventrata that had been ordered- funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    Does Andy grow his own stock?
    A lot of the stuff I have up for sale is either stuff I have propagated, or have picked up from other hobbiests (Sarrs). The N. ventrata are some cuttings I took back in Dec. Good looking plants IMO

I get what I can in TC obviously, but it's not too easy to be a little guy trying to get stuff when all the bigger places that buy more get first picks on new stock. I just don't sell enough/buy enough to get priority on ordering. And then there is the fact that AZ is very picky about me bringing in stock! I even have to get a phyto and have all the plants sprayed for bugs when they are just coming in from Florida! ...that's added cost and trouble for me. For those that don't know I moved about 3 months ago, so I had to set up a new quarantine greenhouse so I can order this stuff in (yes, phyto, and chem application, and quarantine while the state checks them out) I got it approved on Wed, and I'm getting an update on some stock from a supplier on Monday. Hopefully they'll have some good news for me!

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The N. ventrata are some cuttings I took back in Dec. Good looking plants IMO

Andrew
    I received one of his N. ventrata and I think its great. I have had it for 6 weeks and its sent out two new pitchers and noticeably increased its crown size.

I would like to see Andrew sell S. flava var rubricorpa, starts from his personal N raff, queensland sundew.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The other N. raff I sent you wasn't good enough? heh
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    Not too many people are willing to plop $40 on a D. graomogolensis when they can get a capensis for a few dollars.

Hahaha....I would for the D. graomo. I am so itching to find one to buy now. I think it would be great if there were an evenly distributed selection for both the novice and for advanced. Too many online CP shops sell staple material which isn't bad, but it's almost like when you see one online shop, you've seen them all. Selling certain rare plants will be a guaranteed seller, especially if you'd be the only one who happened to sell them at the time!

personally I'd love to see more from the Drosera section in particular the petiolaris complex and the larger rosetted sundews (s. america and africa). a larger mexican ping selection would be great too.

I jumped off the CP bandwagon 4 years ago, and got back on a few months ago. in the process, I missed my window period to purchase a N. aristolochioides; would love the opportunity to buy this plant when it comes back on the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just curious, as I was going through your sarrs, and well, you have both s. wrigleyana and 'scarlet belle'.
    Is there any actual difference between the two, or is one a natural hybrid, and the other man made? Or the last thing I could think of would be one has the psittacina as 'mother' and the other has the leuco as 'mother'... I'm curious to know the difference.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blokeman View Post
    S. wrigleyana and S. 'Scarlet Belle'.
    Or the last thing I could think of would be one has the psittacina as 'mother' and the other has the leuco as 'mother'... I'm curious to know the difference.
    Yup you're right.
    S. 'Scarlet Belle' the leuco is the mother plant while S. wrigleyana has a psittacina mother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait what? This is already a tangent, but since it was brought up here i'd like some clarification.

i thought S. 'Scarlet Belle' is a hybrid cultivator. i thought S. x wrigleyana was a S. x wrigleyana regardless of whichever plant plays 'mother'. Just as the offspring will exhibit different degrees of each parent, S. 'Scarlet Belle' was given it's name because it holds a certain distinction from its siblings.

In point: i thought all S. 'Scarlet Belles' are S. x wrigleyanas but not all S. x wrigleyanas are S. 'Scarlet Belles'

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast