What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What plants do you want to see FlyTrapShop sell?

More pinguicula and more drosera species please.

+1 on the neps!

More pings and dews for me......also I would love it if there were maybe a "starts" size for those who dont mind waiting on a mature plant and want to save a few bucks and shorten the duration on your propagating tables.
Someone also touched on an area very important to me already, but I will mention it again: Greenhouse/terrarium supplies (small scale for indoor applications). I will be adding at liest a couple more small greenhouses to my assemblage before the year is out. Humidifiers, lighting, fans and other "small space appropriate" supplies will be on my shopping list.

more neps plz

perhaps plant sets/ collections that are cheaper than if you were to buy the plants separately. also, mabey a minibog kit with a little pot, soil, and some plants and stuff, like this

i caught that like just in time!! anyways, what about a seed kit? like a better quality version of those "CARNIVOROUS CREATIONS" kits that tend not to grow because of bad quality, old seeds. the kit would like come with some sarr, dew, and vft seeds, peat, and a little tray to start them in! you could always just ship some seeds packaged with those "Jiffy windowsill greenhouse" things, wich come with peat pellets. i dont THINK they put ferts. in those, but i dont know for sure.

Okay..late to the party as usual but here is my sugesstion. Do a "pre-order" for the neps that some members are already doing their own group orders for. Publish the list of what neps and sizes will be avalaible. Peeps who want in must chose and pay you in advance. I would be happy to pay up to twice the advertised list price from say AW in order to have someone else handle the ordering and the acclimating of the plants for six weeks or so before I receive them. Profit for you as the broker, better acclimated plant for me, and my nep dollars stay closer to home (at least some of them).

How about some more flytrap variations, until we have about 10. Then some more sundews, and then some nepenthes, and finally some butterworts, cephs, and helis.
Maybe you could buy from the people on this forum. The grow lists are expansive.

When you get more Nepenthes in stock, I plan to get me a thank you membership. :)

Not a plant but maybe people would want T-shirts or Sweat-shirts. Would come in handy at the ICPS conference.

hmmmm.......for nepenthes; perhaps an announcement when you plant to place another order then customers can prepay for say a waiting list option or maybe even place a special orders?

Not sure what your margins are but perhaps bulk discount/starter collection: I have seen it done before where some places offer "starter collections" of so many plants for a discount but they get to choose; how about a split? say 10 nepenthes for $200 or whatever number you feel comfortable with but have a split where the customer can select up to half of the price worth and you select the other half. That way both the vendor and the customer can feel they have a value for their purchase.

who wants to plunk down change for a collection and get nothing they really wanted? It helps the customer bc they are guaranteed to be happy in getting some of what they want and for the things they received they didn't want they could apply the value of their purchase by trading for what they do want. It helps the vendor bc they get a chance to liquidate overstock and of course make money.

I vote for more nep varieties also.

nepenthes hamata 'hairy red' form!!!!!!!

oh, I don't know of anywhere that has a nepenthes mirabilis merah/indonesian red.....i want one of those :)

If you ever get Dionaea "Typical" in stock I'll probably snap up a few. You have "Dentate" and "Akai Ryu" but no typical :-( I also like Dionaea "Wacky Trap" and in particular "Fused Tooth" as well as those varieties which stay a yellow green and never really color up such as "Justina Davis". I'm also interested in "B52" and some of those other larger varieties... And some other varieties of Sarracenia flava. Can you tell I'm a VFT junkie? LOL

Maybe some of the varieties that are hard to find outside the Us- there are quite a few drosera, flytraps and pitchers this applies to. I'm not into pitchers much yet, although I did order a Dixie lace elsewhere that I was never shipped. :( Personally, I would pay a good amount for a D. x Obovata or Ceph Giant.

I'd like to see some other cultivars of flytraps and some new Drosera.

How about some more flytrap variations, until we have about 10. Then some more sundews, and then some nepenthes, and finally some butterworts, cephs, and helis.
Maybe you could buy from the people on this forum. The grow lists are expansive.

You sure are right; some grow lists are INSANELY long! Maybe flytrapshop.com could get some stuff from them. I know that I"LL have some seeds soon. :D

Back