What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ONE N. Miranda available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone, I have placed one well established rooted cutting of N. Miranda on ebay. The cutting was taken last Dec and is growing very well. Check it out on ebay. Of course if it goes over $10.00 you will be qualified for the thank you membership! It's only listed for 5 days and there is NO reserve (starting at one penny!) Thanks for supporting FlyTrapShop.com and TerraForums!

Andrew

Is Miranda a hybrid?(asking,couldn't buy)

yes it is
Northiana x Mixta i beleive

Yes, it is a hybrid but I don't think it is actually known what it is for sure... Possibly the above, Mixta x maxima, ((N. maxima × N. northiana) × N. maxima), or who knows :D All I know is I love that plant. Currently it grows up in the rafters of my greenhouse as a huge bush I have to trim back twice a year or so. And grows well all year putting out these great pitchers.

Check out these 2 pictures showing it up there... In the second picture you can see lowers near the pot, and a upper to the left of the picture.

I hate you!!!Very cruel!!!!How could you show me that kind of beautiful nepenthes!!!And I couldn't buy it!!!!:-D

andrew, where do you live, and what special accomodations do you make in your greenhouse for the winter? I'm trying to get ideas, see what others are doing, because I need to be making some changes in mine soon before cold weather sets in.

Little bit off topic lol Basically I turn the cooler up a little bit (warmer) take off the shade cloth (except the part that's over the Miranda pictured above) and crank on the propane heater (and a fan up in the rafters that blows towards the ground to bring down the warm air). I also disconnect the roof vent to make sure it doesn't decide to pop open at some point. I don't do all of that at the same time, but rather as individual steps (maybe not in that order either) as we go into winter... But our winters are not all that bad either :p
Andrew

Edit: This Nepenthes is currently at $0.11

---------- Post added 09-26-2009 at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-23-2009 at 11:10 PM ----------

Just under 24hrs left, and it is currently at 28 cents!

Thats less than 2/100ths of what I bought my miranda for.. >.>

Thats the big problem with E-bay, the person with the $0.28 bid may be willing to pay $50 but without a 2nd person to bid it up....well it may sell for $0.28.

Yah, that's why I stopped selling on ebay... I sold a few potted flytraps for under 50 cents each. ouch! But I have faith someone around here needs this plant and is willing to pay more than that ;) Did I mention it has activated nodes all the way up it? so you could cut it up and have more plants easily in no time, or let it go and have a huge bush like me :D

11.50 itd still better get over 15 cause that looks better than mine

Yea! Your auction found a friend. Wish I had the space for the larger Neps. But with E-bay you never know until it hits that 5 seconds mark. I get 90% of my bids between 20s and 2m.

I've sold things for well under what they should sell for only to have the next one close for 5-10 times what its worth. Happens alot, I really don't get it. So this was worthless and this was priceless???

Gotta love E-bay.

Exactly! The fist 3 potted VFTs I had sold when I strted the store sold for like $20+ ! I always felt kinda bad so would send 3 individually potted plants instead of one. Still more than I'd sell them for in the store, but hey- they bid that right? I actually had one person complain after they got my box of 3 when they only won one... And my instruction sheet had the URL to my store. So they saw I sold them for less and were mad about that, even though I already added in 2 "free" ones. ahhhh Love it!!

... But with E-bay you never know until it hits that 5 seconds mark.

So true!!

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Currently $14.50 with half hour to go.

LOL Marius! No pink... But it is packed and ready to go out tomorrow. I'll update your thank you membership date too.
Andrew

yeah, gotta love ebay. I sold a Mirando on there for 60 bucks one time, then had the next one go for 10.

What a great looking plant! My wife loves it...she wanted one so this was perfect. Good idea with the stuffing of the pitcher. What's your mix...bark, perlite, LFS %? It dry up alot faster than the one i use( LFS/perlite/peat). Thanx alot!

Hi Marius! Glad it arrived in good shape :) I only put something in the pitchers like that on larger plants that the peanuts could fit into, littler ones I don't worry 'bout. The mix... hmm... I don't really do mixtures by % so I don't know! Add some peat into what you said above and substitute bark for coconut husk and you have the right items used though. :) probably somewhere around... peat/perlite/coco husk/lfs 15/30/30/25 ??? The mix holds great amounts of water, but does drain well. So while being wet, there is lots of air. I tend to top water neps using (about) that mix somewhere around every 3 days or so. If it gets too dry between watering just set it in a tray of water for a day and it should get nice and wet again :)

How's the progress on your g/h going? Pick a fogger pump? I haven't heard from you about it lately!
Andrew

I might try your mix sometime but as long as my LFS or LFS/perlite works i don't bother much....snd i don't have to water for at least a week...it looks good for LL.
No progress...i found one for 300$ that puts a max of 800psi...i wonder if that works....is there a way you can test that on your system? It would be great to know.

I used to use 50/50 lfs/perlite only. LOL still use it a lot, but sometimes mix up something different :p I don't think I watered your nep for like 3 days before shipping... To keep the weight down, it was just barely under what I charged to ship it- lucky me!

Yep :) it has a pressure regulator on it, I can crank it down... Kinda a paint to get to, I'll try though and let you know.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back