What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep seed

Hi,
have some mirabilis 'red' X xcoccinea seeds for all Singaporeans. Thats mirabils X [mirabilis X (rafflesianas X ampullaria)] Those who are interested please PM me or post here your address. and I will mail to you...or any other suggestions on collection?
Thanks

Ah...pressed the 'reply button' instead of the 'PM' button, silly me...
smile_l_32.gif

*Forget this post*

Jason

Hi all,
thanks for the enthusiasm.
I have replied to all PMs saying I should send it out by the weekend.
However, the fruits are taking longer than expected to mature so give me a few more days.
Thanks

Ok,
I hope you have all received the seed.
I posted them out late Sunday night
Please plant once you have received it.
Enjoy!
smile.gif

Hi wn,
Thanks. I just got mine today
smile.gif

--
Ernest

have received mine too, thanks a lot

Me received too! Thanks!
smile.gif

Wow, never seen nep seeds which are still soft and light brown, I tell you...

Thanks, recieved. Hey i was wondering, has this cross been made? If its nice and healthy can't you name it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wezx @ Oct. 07 2005,9:16)]Thanks, recieved. Hey i was wondering, has this cross been made? If its nice and healthy can't you name it?
Hi,
firstly, to all who received, hope that seed are of exceptable quality and quantity. They may take up to 10weeks to germinate (should be between 7-9), but I had some growing in about 4 weeks last time, same mother.

dont know about naming...
smile_l_32.gif

but I think this cross should have been done before, considering its common parents, but I checked the humboldt website for nep hybrids and cant find pics of this cross...
but hten again I couldnt find mirabilis X gracilis there either, but after a while I discovered that its a natural hybrid!
smile_o_32.gif

Thanks
and happy growing!

Hi,
germination!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Just spotted 3-5 seedlings in my seed trays, all so tiny I nearly mistook them for the other weeds!
I'm quite excited since its the fastest yet germination I had! (I planted on 3rd oct)
Must be the wonderful rainy season now, (actually I'm kind of sick of the darkness every day)
I think I should post a pic for those first time germinating, this is an older pic:
6caeebad.jpg

please dont germinate in stagnant air container conditions, our humidity is already high enough, and dont pluck out the "weeds" !
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif

Wow thats fast! your mix looks pretty wet... i think i should increase my watering
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wezx @ Oct. 21 2005,12:24)]Wow thats fast! your mix looks pretty wet... i think i should increase my watering
biggrin.gif
No, no, dont do that, just germinate in pure LFS, and keep slightly moist, I made the mistake of putting peat together with the poor grade LFS for that batch (earlier this year) because I was worried they might not take root as well if they were in LFS, but that was a stupid decision .... ...
smile_l_32.gif
happy growing

Lam..

Just to let you know that the nep. seeds you gave me have germinated. Interestingly the LFS that I sowed the seeds on have also grown. The growing tips of the LFS have turned green and is extending..
smile_n_32.gif

Hi,
thats good, what were the conditions... ...
I always see greenish LFS, but on closer inspection, its just algae!
Thanks

wow there are quite a number of new sg growers! welcome jonpon, are you new to carnivorous plants?

Man we are getting so many new members! At last the cp scene is starting to grow round here! Welcome!

Ye, about half the seeds in total from three of my pots have germianted. In 2 weeks only!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
They already have 2 - 3 leaves. The parents of the seeds must have been, quite...yes...
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lam_wn @ Nov. 02 2005,8:08)]Hi,
thats good, what were the conditions... ...
I always see greenish LFS, but on closer inspection, its just algae!
Thanks
I have been growing them under artifical lightings. Hahaha. I am also wondering whether it is algae. Some how it looks different from the other LFS that were infested with algae.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wezx @ Nov. 02 2005,8:24)]wow there are quite a number of new sg growers! welcome jonpon, are you new to carnivorous plants?
hahaa. Not exactly new in CPs, perhaps more of a new member. I have been growing cps for around 5 years. Some how my plants started dying when I moved house during the 5th year and my whole collection was wiped out. All that was left were the photos on them. That incident had lead me to a rest from cps for the past 4 years till recently. I just checked out one of the diskette that was used to stored the plants at their peak and discovered that all the information in it were gone. ( i now realized that diskette do have a life span ).
I have grown over 30 species of cps before... My favourites were mainly sarracenias followed by Utrics. I am trying to re-start my collection but only concentrating on certain Genus. e.g. Pings and utrics.
The last CP kept was N. gracilis tobbica (sp?) purple followed by N. bicalarata (sp?)

I just got some D. binata var multifida extrema. They were from my friend who I passed the mother plant to 4 years ago. He is doing a fantastic job in propagating the plant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Nov. 02 2005,8:34)]Man we are getting so many new members! At last the cp scene is starting to grow round here! Welcome!
Hey.. Thanks!
smile.gif

Back