What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes order

Hi,

I am feeling the urge for ordering plants again.
I havent yet given in to temptations, but want to ask first who will be interested in combining order.
The several choices I will be considering will be :

N.vikings and giant thorelli from
http://www.neofarmthailand.com/index.p....Ntype=6

min order US$40
I am quite interested in the 2 sp. but only 2 sp. worth buying

BE
www.borneoexotics.com

min order US$300, this is what irritates me most, but I like their plants best so far, if there are enough interested buyers, I would certainly opt for them.

MT
www.malesiana.com

Min US$50.

or some amazing hybrids from EP
www.exoticaplants.com.au

Amazing hybrids, min is quite high, I forgot...  
confused.gif

I havent decided yet nor am certain of buying myself, I still feel guilty since the previous BE order in June...

For those interested, just look through and post which ones you would support best, and a rough estimate of your budget for each, so I can atleast have a rough idea...

THanks

Not sure if I can pull this one off after the excessive ordering these last few months...
confused.gif

After that moment of deliberation, I'm still leaning towards Malesiana, but don't you already have all the plants in Malesiana Lam?
smile_m_32.gif

Strange how Exotica Plants have a HUGE catalogue but not really any plant stock. Has anything happened to them I should be aware of?

Can order from BE, but doubt there we will reach the min order. And Nong's Vikings are just mind blowing expensive...(1000Baht = S$40 = US$25)
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Jason

oh yay, im looking to filling up spaces in my new setup with neps,

I think we can do BE, their plants look good and prices arent so high. Ill prob spend about 70US on BE, how bout u guys?

exotica plants is freaky, whole page of empty stocked neps.

Exotica was a great nursery to buy from. They lost quite a number of plants due to some incident...can't remember what, like greenhouse heating go kapoop or something like that. Some of my oldest neps are from there. I suppose they are trying to build up their stock but it is taking time.
smile_h_32.gif

Must have looked fabuloos, that 33 page catalogue...what a pity. For us, I mean. Its painful seeing so many blimmin' hybrids and not be able to buy any of them...
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wezx @ Oct. 24 2005,5:07)]oh yay, im looking to filling up spaces in my new setup with neps,

I think we can do BE, their plants look good and prices arent so high. Ill prob spend about 70US on BE, how bout u guys?

exotica plants is freaky, whole page of empty stocked neps.
Hi,
thats good, I should be able to do 100-120. So its another 100 if we are keen on it... Who else is interested?
I dont want to advertise or anything, but I was very happy with all the BE plants: especially the sizes: L sizes should be between 15-30cm as in their catalogue, all of my L size plants had 30cm diameters!
smile_m_32.gif

But I am definitely a very greedy person!
Thanks

Lam, you forgot that my brother and I are seperate entities. He is ordering US$70 alone. Ouch. You can probably count on US$40 at least from me. Looking to get some baby plants from them...better to nurture them from young.
smile_m_32.gif
And also not too heavy on the pocket.

Some ppl say that large plants are harder to acclimatize to a new environment. Anyone had experiences on this count?

Jason

Hello there, I could be interested in a red amp. if there are enough orders. Does anyone know if the amp with "red or very red pitchers with random green specks" means the one with pure red pitchers and some red pitchers with green specks OR only has red pitchers with green specks and no pure red pitchers?

The completely red clone is definitely one of my budget!

Cheers

my budget is US$100, please count me in if there is any mass order...
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Oct. 24 2005,10:48)]Lam, you forgot that my brother and I are seperate entities. He is ordering US$70 alone. Ouch. You can probably count on US$40 at least from me. Looking to get some baby plants from them...better to nurture them from young.
smile_m_32.gif
And also not too heavy on the pocket.

Some ppl say that large plants are harder to acclimatize to a new environment. Anyone had experiences on this count?

Jason
Hi,
I dont know why I feel opposite...
smile_l_32.gif
the large plants always SeEm to pick up faster?

ebeyonder:
I dont know about red clones, but I really want to get one, pity they dont have M sizes... 40USD on 1 plant is just too painful!
confused.gif

I think the 72 USD is tricolour (not pure red, but cool mixed colouration form) and 40 USD is the normal red (I think it has some tiny amount of green specks) and the highest price one is the green-'less' red clone.

hey this is great, counting wezx, jason, ebeyonder, sunfish, and me, thats about... 350 USD!
Maybe wait a little while more, then we will confirm orders and such later.

I am excited already!
Thanks
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sunfish @ Oct. 25 2005,4:36)]my budget is US$100, please count me in if there is any mass order...
smile.gif
Hey, we have a new member! Welcome. By the looks of it, looks like you're already quite experienced in 'spontaneity' in the buying context...

So how long you been growing for?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Oct. 25 2005,9:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sunfish @ Oct. 25 2005,4:36)]my budget is US$100, please count me in if there is any mass order...
smile.gif
Hey, we have a new member! Welcome. By the looks of it, looks like you're already quite experienced in 'spontaneity' in the buying context...

So how long you been growing for?
Hi Jason, Thanks.

smile.gif

Actually I have been 'lurking' around the forum since last year..
smile_n_32.gif

been growing nepenthes for 3 years, but only limited to the species available locally
smile_h_32.gif

so we're cool? we're going do this order?

Sad that we can only go for lowlanders and intermediates (not sure bout intermediates, can they survive in sg?)

i think i've heard of people posting about highland approved lowlanders? anyone know where I can find a list of this? i'm really keen on growing some highlanders like N. sphatulata, which looks awesome to me. maybe we can ask the nep forum to do a list?

happy spending

Hello all,
I have been given the green light!
smile.gif

Ok, please PM me all your orders.
Anyway, just FYI, my order took 3 weeks to come in the last time, anyone away on holidays during that time?... I am also enjoying hols now!
smile_n_32.gif

Happy spending
Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wezx @ Oct. 28 2005,8:37)]so we're cool? we're going do this order?

Sad that we can only go for lowlanders and intermediates (not sure bout intermediates, can they survive in sg?)

i think i've heard of people posting about highland approved lowlanders? anyone know where I can find a list of this? i'm really keen on growing some highlanders like N. sphatulata, which looks awesome to me. maybe we can ask the nep forum to do a list?

happy spending
Hi,
I agree with you to certain extend, but lowlanders are beautiful in their own way...I think the main difference is pitcher:leaf/plant size ratio, which make highlanders more pleasing to the eye...
But I will go ahead with intermediates this time since the sibuyanensis from previous order is doing OK.
Am reading up on clipeata: clip-clone-1 sounds promising. And are you interested in copelandii?
Thanks

i just realised that 80% of what im ordering is intermediate!
yes im interrrested in clip-clone and copelandii!
you say sibuyanensis is intermediate? are you sure? it's labeled as highlander in BE, strange.

Anyone know whats the temperature range for intermediates?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wezx @ Oct. 29 2005,6:41)]i just realised that 80% of what im ordering is intermediate!
yes im interrrested in clip-clone and copelandii!
you say sibuyanensis is intermediate? are you sure? it's labeled as highlander in BE, strange.

Anyone know whats the temperature range for intermediates?
Hi,
sibuyanensis is best highlander, but I decided to try this as I heard several (not just 1) who had success with lowlanding it.
Considering fusca also?
ideal temp for intermediates should be 15-18 d C nights I think?
You can send me your order anytime when youre done!
Thanks

yes, getting fusca, some say it can do well in lowland, ill give it a shot.

I sent you my order!

Some ppl in the pitcher plant forum have said that intermediate hybrids develop into vining, mature plants faster than true lowlanders in a lowland climate. True or false?

Hi,
I have received order lists from wezx, Jason, sunfish. Thanks
smile.gif

ebeyonder, you are still keen right? Not trying to rush, just checking in case...
And for all who ordered, just to remind you, please tell me or make sure you are in Singapore in about 1 month/ 3 weeks time,
and please give me your phone number so that I can call you the MOMENT the plants arrive
smilie4.gif
(or any other way that I can reach you best/fastest)
If in 24 hours never collect, then I would pot out and keep aside in my simple potting mix.
How to collect?
Best would be if you come down to my house, but I can arrange to meet at MRT stations or if you live close to me can send personally.
I live in Bkt Timah area btw...

Is every one ok with this?
confused.gif

If not, I will send order as soon as possible (i know everyone is excited!
smile_m_32.gif
)

Thanks

Back