What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Singapore's Cool Cool Weather

Cindy

Staff member
How cool is the cool weather at your place?

Mine's really cool.  
smile.gif
 In these few weeks, nine neps sprouted new basal shoots.

N.gracilis (local) - 2 basal shoots
N.ventricosa (black peristome) - 1 basal shoot
N.campanulata x veitchii - 1 basal shoot
N.x"Miranda" - 1 basal shoot
N.x"Emmerene" - 2 basal shoots
N.ventricosa x campanulata - 2 basal shoots
N.ventrata - 1 basal shoot
N.albomarginata - 1 basal shoot
N.alata (lowland) - 1 basal shoot

I will hope the N.bicalcarata and N.truncata will do the same.  
smile_m_32.gif

Well In sweden its not cool now..its cold :p
we had about -4C yesterday :p

cool here would be about 5-10 C

thats so cool
anyway, thats a nice list of plants you are growing, they must be quite large to produce basals! I didnt notice any new basals, but both my coccinea and mirabilis flowered during the beginning of the wet season, mirabilis has flowered atleast 5 times in 3 months! and as many of the other singaporaen CPers have received seed, so I think the plants' biological clock anticipated the wet season...now it makes some sense.  
smile.gif

Thanks

My ventrata and gentle are also flowering again! Lam, if u need pollen, let me know! I will pack them properly this time
smile.gif

Yeah, the weather is really 'cool' in more ways than one. Personally I have never noticed it to be so cool, but maybe I just never noticed. Someone said something about the south east asian monsoon arriving early...all of a sudden it just got real cold. I put my hand out the window one night and was surprised at how cold it was.

I will check the temp. As for my plants, will watch for signs of weird growth.
smile.gif

Jason

Well, I measured 28 degrees celsius at my growing area and even the D. capensis I bought at FEF seems to be coming alife!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (eBeyonder @ Nov. 25 2005,6:59)]My ventrata and gentle are also flowering again! Lam, if u need pollen, let me know! I will pack them properly this time
smile.gif
Hi,
wasted! my mirabilis' latest flower is already 4 weeks old, not fertile any more, and I did some pruning there are less grwoing tips now, maybe next time, ventrata mirabilis sounds wild ...
Thanks

Ok, this time I will collect the pollen and put them in the freezer.

Back