What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is your D. adelae fella S'porean?

Cindy

Staff member
It's coming to a month since some of you got the baby sundews from me. I am just wondering what are your growing conditions, media and growth rate.  
cool.gif

Well, the lack of sun for the last couple of weeks has taken a toll on the plants. They are growing but not red.

I use your recommended mix of LFS and perlite. I do use more perlite for the D. adelae and D. binata than the D. petiolaris.

Thanks again for the plants, Cindy.

R0010383.jpg

D. adelae

R0010384.jpg

D. petiolaris (front) and D. binata (back)

The D. adelae is more than 8 cm across, is planted in the community pot of mostly peat top dressed with live LFS.
The plantlet on the right looks like a juvenile adelae.

D.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Jan. 16 2006,9:58)]It's coming to a month since some of you got the baby sundews from me. I am just wondering what are your growing conditions, media and growth rate.  
cool.gif
Hello,
my plants adelaes are doing well too, though not as large as those pictured. growing pretty well,
thanks again, cindy!
btw, the live sphagnum is still good but doing nothing, any ideas how to grow it better?
thanks

Heh, my adelae produced a baby already. It loves the lowland Nep terrarium so I put it at a dimly lit corner. Green leaves.

Mine only 1 week old leh
smile.gif
But they are doing well! Thanks!

Good to read and see that the plants are doing well and some even sending out offshoots.

For more inspiration...  
smile.gif

These are of about the same age as the ones I sent to you all. Photo taken on 12 Dec 2005. Can hardly see them on the photo.
adelaetray121205.jpg

26 Dec 2005
adelaetray261205.jpg

13 Jan 2006
adelaetray130106.jpg

Very close to lights
DSC02464.jpg

On the windowsill
DSC02475.jpg

Wow, you've got very nice D.adelaes! Btw, will leaf cuttings work? Or only root cuttings?

That must be quite a lot of light! Must get light fixtures...

I tried leaves, didn't work. Roots are easy and ideal!  
smile.gif

Not a lot of light. Just that it is very close. That's a 3-ft 30W flourescent. Maybe the reflector helped. It took me a while to get that photo right, I kept appearing in the reflector!
laugh.gif

Great looking D. adelae Cindy!

D. adelae has proved to be one of the weediest CPs for me, especially in my classic terrariums. They just spread, and spread...and spread! Constantly producing plantlets from their roots. I love em'
smile.gif

My root cuttings do not seem to work. I now have seven plantlets from three leaves!

Wow
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Was it even intentional?Anyway I cut a leaf out and floated it on water. See if it'll work lah. Just a small piece

It was not even intentional. The leaves is on the sphagnum moss and suddenly, the plantlets appeared!

That's the thing about D. adelae.
smile_n_32.gif
Roots work when you propagate intentionally and leaves work unintentionally.
laugh.gif

Spot on... at least there will be plants to share later.

Back