What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who can help with CITES and phytosanitary?

Hello,

I am living in Germany and would like to make an import of plants from the USA in the future. I am in search for some american CP or Orchid enthusiast who has experience with CITES and phytosanitary paperwork and is willing to help a german CP enthusiast by acting as an intermediary. I am buying Nepenthes from an american vendor, but sadly he cannot provide the export paperwork. It would be great if someone would be so kind to help me! Please write PM.

best wishes, Mathias

Sorry to not add much to this - but good luck. I tried hard to get N.edwardsiana out to Europe, but the paperwork was too much for the vendor.

I am not certain but I believe that it should only be the cost of a phyto as most of the EU and US have an agreement that when a phyto is issued it covers CITES as well. Unless you are trying for CITES I (rajah and khasiana) but I would think those would be easily gotten in Germany.

Back