Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hi cper from singapore part 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh would you? That would be great, thanks so much.

I'm not sure if one of my neps is an alata, but an ampullaria sounds fantastic.

Even if the rafflesiana and mirabilis come in later, that would be fine too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, may I know where is the location of Redhill market? Would love to get and ampullaria or even a mirabilis!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    colin:
    I'll let you know as soon as I get to see the uncle.

quqin:
    It's at Blk 79, Redhill Close. You can walk from Redhill MRT Station. Very near.

See map! It's the place with the star.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Neil here, I was just wondering if anyone uses any insecticide in the water trays that they use to stand sarracenia, VFT's in.
    I don't know if a similar thing is on sale here or what its name is but in the US they use something called 'mosquito dunks' as quoted below: "<If mosquitoes are a problem, then you could change the water more frequently or, as I do, place pieces of "Mosquito Dunks" in the tray. The dunks look like little donuts and they release a larvacide bacteria that the mosquito larva eat. It was around 8 bucks at Home Depot for a pack of 6 and they last for 30 days.>"
    Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Neil.
    A &#39;pitcher gallery&#39; is where the art is drawn by Mother Nature and a &#39;pitcher says a thousand words&#39;.
    My pitcher gallery is at: http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, I am also very interested in purchasing some Neps from the Redhill Mkt. Kindly let me know if they are available =)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil:
    My room where I grow the plants has the windows closed for most of the day so the water doesn't evaporate as fast. I noticed that it leads to root rot very easily in temperate CPs. I didn't leave the pots to stand in water and thus didn't use any insecticide when I had the sarras and VFTs.

quqin, colin, ebeyonder:
    I've spoken to the uncle. He'll bring in some alata and ampullaria this Saturday. I don't know how many there'll be but it will not be many because he said something like it's only me who is so interested and they will not sell. Remember it's $9.50 for an alata about 12 inches across with about 3-inch pitchers. Can bargain hor... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Actually, I was thinking that I see cheaper neps (common ones) at the market than at nurseries...not including Woon Leng which can sell rafflesiana cheap because they "mass produce". And for us without a car, it's good that someone actually source out the neps instead of us going from nursery to nursery.

Arggghh...regretting the fact that I didn't buy the rafflesiana when I saw it the last time...was rushing to work...and couldn't imagine lugging a pitcher plant to work in a huge red plastic bag... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] ...got image to maintain, you know... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahah, I know exactly what you mean, Cindy. I regret not buying Island's ventrata now!

Thanks for the information, whereabouts in Redhill market is this uncle? Is he snuggled away in some obscure corner?

Also, I was thinking that we should form a consortium when buying CPs, it'll encourage the sellers to bring in more plants and lower the price. Good idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, thanks for asking the uncle for us!

When's a good time to visit the mkt? In the morning? And as Colin has pointed out, is it possible to describe where his shop is located? Thanks so much.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast