Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hi cper from singapore part 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, all the flower stalls are nameless. There are 3 shops facing the open-air carpark and his is the one that is furthest away from the POSB ATM machine. Remember his stall is part of the wet market, not one of the shops under the flats.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the information, Cindy, will be popping by Saturday morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've gone to Redhill market and returned with one nepenthes rafflesiana (at least I think it's a rafflesiana) and an alata.

You're right Cindy, they're much cheaper than anything the nurseries carry. $8.50 each.

The uncle didn't seem to have any ampullarias or mirabilis, but I did ask him to bring in more in future. We should buy from him en bloc, I get the feeling he's thinking these aren't worth selling, so he may stop bringing them in.

Anyone know of any other markets that might sell neps?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colin:
    Ahh...you beat me to it. I bought the alata last week (but I'm getting suspicious that it's a ventrata 'cos its perisomes are starting to get pointy...or am I imagining things...) and was hoping uncle would bring in something else. He did and sold it...to you.

Quite pathetic, he brought in so few...anyway, he thought you were my brother! There's only one alata/ventrata left...let's see 2nite if any of the PFTSCPers bought it...

Will it be quqin or ebeyonder or neil <'cos he's been hanging around [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] >?

Yup, buying en bloc get us more discounts! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] And perhaps we should go to wet market more often...to buy neps...I found out about Redhill when I went there with my parents for marketing! Good food there too.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops sorry about that Cindy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Well he didn't bring in anything particularly interesting...after looking at several pictures of ampullarias I've concluded that the weird pitcher plant I saw at FEF Rideout was an ampullaria, all the pitchers were clustered near the ground.

Haha, did he? Well, at least now he recognises me.

Precisely. If he knows more people are interested, he'll bring in more and sell more cheaply. I'm greatly encouraged by this episode...I've decided to go market-trawling, in the hopes that more flower shops in wet markets sell neps.

While out today I discovered that this shop called Roselodge in Jalan Jurong Kechil had a nep on display, but I couldn't get close enough to tell what it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I went down to the mkt today and got a Nep... it has green pitchers and I'll try to post pics later.

After I left, I saw only one Nep left, so I guess Cindy, that's the one u saw. Colin, there was a Rafflesiana as well? I spoke to the uncle, and he said he'd bring in more next week. I think he must be pleasantly surprised that his Neps are suddenly selling so well [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll be back next week... going to try and get a Gracilis cos today some of the pitchers on mine were accidentally tore off, and now the plant looks bald. I'm sure they're grow back, but I feel safer with a backup. Any1 wants to sell? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yep, let's exchange information if anyone happens to see CPs in wet mkts [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I bought a rafflesiana, or it could have been a hookeriana. You know how bad I am with these things.

Haha, yes indeed...how much does the uncle know about neps?

Sorry, eBeyonder, can't help you there. Don't have a gracilis, though I would like one! By the way, did you get my PM?

As a follow-up to my previous post, has anyone visited the nursery near SMU in Bukit Timah? Or the one that's also in Bukit Timah, close to King Albert Park? Don't know their names, but I was wondering if they sold any neps.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast