What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungicide

Is fungicide necessary in Singapore? If so, which are good? Do local stores carry Cleary 3336WP and Banrot?

Sorry ebeyonder, I've never used a fungicide in Singapore. Maybe I should,.. it might help with my sarracenias.
Also, I posted a question in another thread about insecticide in the water trays to prevent mosquito breeding, not that I've ever noticed any but better to be safe than FINED!!
<"Hi Neil here, I was just wondering if anyone uses any insecticide in the water trays that they use to stand sarracenia, VFT's in.
I don't know if a similar thing is on sale here or what its name is but in the US they use something called 'mosquito dunks' as quoted below: "<If mosquitoes are a problem, then you could change the water more frequently or, as I do, place pieces of "Mosquito Dunks" in the tray. The dunks look like little donuts and they release a larvacide bacteria that the mosquito larva eat. It was around 8 bucks at Home Depot for a pack of 6 and they last for 30 days.>"
Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Neil.

I know ACE (the hardware shop) at Novena Square sells these mosquito ducks at their gardening area. Never used them before, but I am very careful and check constantly for mosquito larvae.

I read that cinnamon is a fungicide in a book on organic treatment for plants. Used in the powder form, it smells nice but won't kill you!
smile.gif

Hey Neil, yep I'm a bit concerned with mosquitoes too, esp since I don't change the water in the trays of my VFT and sundew regularly. Maybe I shld be more vigilant, but so far, I don't notice any probs with mosquito larvae.

Guqin- thanks for the info. Since I quite often go to Novena square at lunch time I'll have a look in Ace. Compared with other DIY/hardware shops, I find ACE very good.

Back