What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundews and vfts

hey where do you guys get the different speicies of Sundew (other than D. cap )and VFTs?

Cook's Carnivorous Plants(online website) has many. Check him out .

That is interesting. I ordered three plants from Cooks in July and have yet to hear from them.

Guqin, u ordered but have u paid? I'm also interested in obtaining plants from overseas but the cost of the documents is quite high. I found out that the Phytosanitary cert in the UK costs nothing, so that's likely to cut down on costs if we were to order from UK nurseries. However, I've been unable to find one that is willing to ship to Singapore.

There are many sources, but it will b better if we can consolidate the orders, and make a bulk order. It'll be cheaper.
I intend to do so in Dec, n i'll keep u guys informed.

Hi vistary,

Nice to hear that you are also willing to spend money to buy from overseas. The CP selection in SG is really pathetic.

However, I would advise against ordering anything in December from European or North American sources as it would winter then. If they send plants, the plants may get frozen the moment they leave their greenhouse. Similarly, try not to order plants at the height of summer as some parts of Europe and Americas can get much hotter than the highest temperature that we may experience here in SG. Your plants would be cooked before they arrive here.

Now would be a good time to get plants because the height of summer should be over in Europe and America.

Yup, y didnt i think of dat.
wink.gif

u may be right, but sad to say i will only be free in Dec and June period.
If i order now, i've to tend to the plants all the time to get them used to the s'pore climate, n dat will not b possible since i don't have so muc free time to spare.

Back