Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jln kayu & ebeyonder - kind donors of seeds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine too haven't germinated.

ebeyonder, you mentioned that the species is from Cuba so I'm wondering what's taking them so long...I'm under the impression that they are more tropical than the ones jalan kayu gave.

Should there be any stratification?
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a tropical form as far as I know. The last time I planted the seeds it took 4 weeks to germinate, and germination rate was very low. I originally thought that was due to the non-sterile nature of the soil, so this time I made sure I sterilised it first but still... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm... have any of the D.intermedia seeds from my plant germinated for any of you? Strangely, none of those I sowed have!! Not enough warmth? Not ripe? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eBeyonder, I don't know about anyone else, but none of them germinated for me. I'm not sure why...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is quite puzzling. Last time it took 4 weeks but certainly not this long. This time round I waited until the seed pods crack open to harvest the seeds. Last time I simply used a toothpick to split the pods open. I'm wondering if the extended period the seeds were exposed to the elements (esp the heavy rains we've been having) caused them to spoil or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, can I also find out from those who got my d. intermedia seeds, have they germinated?

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i planted about 40 and 5 germinated
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I planted both sets of seeds from the 2 kind donors, Jalan Kayu and ebeyonder, and I have to admit I didn't have much luck from either. I keep looking but can't see much action. Possibly 1 or 2 only but at the moment they are so small it could be a 'weed'.
    On a different note:---
    I just saw an advertisement in the straits times today, I think the ASIA section page A16 for a garden centre sale. One of the plants advertised was the pitcher plant Usual price $28, now less 70%!!. It works out to be around $10 I think if my mental sums are corrrect. There are also other plants like bromeliads etc, also 70% off.I'm telling you all this because you are my friends but I'm scared you will have bought all the plants by the time I go at the weekend!! All I ask is that you leave me at least 1 bromeliad and 1 pitcher plant!
    The nursery is called the SINFLORA FLOWER AND PLANT CENTRE at 1 seletar west farmway1,(near Jalan Kayu) www.sinflora.com tel.64831133
    If you are going there especially for the pitcher plant maybe you should phone first since I have no idea how many they have.
    Good luck and happy growing, Neil.
    A 'pitcher gallery' is where the art is drawn by Mother Nature and a 'pitcher says a thousand words'.
    My pitcher gallery is at: http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast