Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jln kayu & ebeyonder - kind donors of seeds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, best germination rate was with jalan kayu's...with at least 10-15 germinated. Cool! I was so surprised they germinated in a week! So far, the seedlings are really hardly. I've transferred them from peat/sand to live sphagnum to peat/sand again but I've not lost a single plant! Then why 10-15 germinated? Hehe, I mixed them up with my spatulata seedlings...won't find out until they grow up a bit more.

Zero still with ebeyonder's...Should we consider giving them some kind of treatment? Cold/hot stratification? GAA?

Anyway, my first aliciae only started germinating after 2 months plus and the rest germinated like one or two every week. Tuberous sundews may take up to a year or more which means ebeyonder's seeds still have a chance at becoming weeds.

Don't give up...I was motivated by my aliciae. Slow and steady, but surely. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So strange. eBeyonder and Jln Kayu, are your intermedias the same species?

And neil, don't worry, I won't have time to go shopping this weekend...exams! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, mine is a tropical form. Indeed, some seeds did germinate the last time I sowed them without any special treatment.

Having said that, after my exams, I will try the following growing conditions to see what works best:

1. Startify seeds for 4 weeks
    2. Put pot with seeds in full sun, covered with plastic
    3. Same as 2, except in shade.

My d.aliciae has germinated but all have died! They just turned brown!! I have had best growing rates from D.dielsiana, D.nidiformis (sp?), D.spah and one Cuban ssp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all Singaporean CPer,

May be by mid Dec. I could spare some D. intermedia for trade (for those who have Drosera to spare) or for free for those who have nothing to trade. 6 portions of 2 plants (2~3 months old) each, should be available by then. Post here & PM me if you are interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jln Kayu, if ur intermedia is the tropical form, would u be interested in trading for some d.filiformis? Today, I noticed that my d.intermedia has formed some sort of rest bud at the centre, and this discovery accords well with its seeds refusing to germinate without any special treatment. I thus think that, contrary to previous identification, it cld be a temperate form. I'll post pics soon for verification, but it looks unmistakenly like some sort of tight bud at the centre (or maybe it's rotting).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, eBeyonder
    Yes, my intermedia is of the tropical form. I am interested in trading for some d.filiformis, will inform you in Dec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all, my D.intermedia seeds hve finally germinated for me after something like 2 mths! I put the pot out in the sun and after 2 weeks they germinated. Perhaps they needed more heat/light than I provided them at first.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123