What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asian roll call

I was wondering since seedling made a topic about canada , i should make on about asia . let's see how many ppl here from asian that like the hobby of cp's . i'm from saigon , Vietnam .

mee im from vietnam too

biggrin.gif

I was born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am half Malay and half Norwegian. I live now in Norway....

im chinese and live in california. oh yea, i know how to speak Burmese too
smile.gif

Well... I kind of fit in here.

I am Australian but I have lived here in Bali for the past 10 years. Bali is part of Indonesia which is smack bang in the middle of south east Asia.

Also, my wife is Japanese.
We have three kids, one was born in Australia, one in Tokyo and our newest one (just gone 3 months) was born here in Bali.
We speak a mixture of English, Japanese and Indonesian here at home.
Not Asian myself but very mixed up in Asia nonetheless.

Cheers, Troy.

I sort of fit in here also...

I was born in Taiwan but I've lived in Canada all my life.  I currently live in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada (just 10 min north of Toronto).  I still consider myself Chinese since my parents are both originally from mainland China.  If you want to be really technical, my lineage is Shanghai.

Fluent in conversational Mandarin.
Understand a bit of Cantonese and Burmese.
Can read a little bit (comes in handy in restaurants).
My fiance is Japanese so I speak a bit of Japanese also.
I practice and teach Kung Fu (helps to maintain tradition and customs).
smile.gif

I practice yae kwon doe , any one that was born from asia and lives somewhere else counts . same thing with being married to one . i wonder what type of chinese does jackie chan speak .

Jackie Chan speaks both Mandarin and Cantonese.
wink.gif

Trained in traditional kung fu and chinese opera but has chosen to emphasize slap-stick stunt work with general martial arts. That's what makes him unique when compared to other martial artists.

Our school performed for him once when he visited Toronto about 5 or 6 years ago. Last year, we also performed on stage with him during a fundraiser event.

Oh, lol, so we want technically eh? My parents are of Taishan desent, but I was born in the US. I speak Taishan, a lil Mandarian, and Burmese.

My parents came from Taiwan, and at home, i speak a mixture of taiwanese, mandarin, and english.

Hey I,m Asian.(Vietnamese too).

I was born in Taiwan and moved to USA and lived here ever since.
biggrin.gif

I am chinese, was born in Singapore, still living in Singapore
smile.gif

Speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese mainly...and Singlish, a potent combination of broken english, mandarin, assorted chinese dialects, malay and tamil.
wink.gif

Well, i live in Surabaya-Indonesia, how and where can i purchase  those carnivorous plants. Anyone would help me? please drop me some lines.

i like water gardening,and have 150 L planted aquarium.  
wow.gif

Najanaja,
There is a forum member named Fatboy who lives in Bali who may be able to help you find a place. Try sending him an email. He has a post in this forum above and you can send him a message from there. And welcome to our happy forums at Petflytrap! Hope you enjoy it here.
smile.gif

I live in the Philippines a little south of Metro Manila. I would be happy to find some other carnivorous plant growers in this very Nepenthes-friendly country.

For those who celebrate the Lunar New Year....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
GUNG HEI FA CHOI!
SHING NIAN KWAI LE, GUNG SHI FA TSAI!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back