What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Island having promotions for nep gentle...

hey island is having a promotion for nep gentle...its sold at $25 now...at first it was $38,i bought the one that has about 8 new small pitchers and 3 big ones
...the top part of 2 of the big pitchers are drying up ...just the lid,will it dry up completly after a while?

Yes indeed, I think all pitchers eventually dry up
smile.gif

I went to Island today, got myself a nice N. Gentle.

Again, I am ASTOUNDED by the size of the pitchers on both the Gentle and Ventratas. Not only that, the Ventrata pitchers are so red, they're almost purple. Monsters, I tell you.

Anyone has any idea how Island does it? As far as I can tell, the plants get filtered sunlight, not much water, and not much humidity. Plus the pots are very small for the size of these plants.

So how on earth are they growing to such large sizes? Someone please enlighten me...

all i know is that they imported them from Holland and they do lots of cuttings...how much did you buy it for and which one did you take?

This is tempting... $25. Are there anymore left?
Do the Ventratas also sell for $25?
Finally finally, will they bring in any other CPs?

Thanks!

I bought a Gentle for $25. Good buy, two large pitchers. Many leaves had their pitchers snipped off, but I counted at least six new growth points, so I think it's pretty worthwhile.

The Ventratas are still $38 (I wonder how Island survives on inflated prices like that). Gorgeous plants, but a bit pricey.

I didn't notice any new CPs, but then again, I didn't ask. Will have to message Jalan Kayu about it.

I think Island's price of $38 is quite reasonable considering the size of them, especially when you compare FEF's price of $78 for the same sized plant. Unfortunately the N. gentle I bought a few weeks ago was $38 but never mind it is a beautiful plant with several large pitchers.
Nepenthes gentle
http://community.webshots.com/photo/80388789/84180019hyeoIA

Island imports their Nep from Henk Braam through a 3rd party. clickHere click export list then Nephentes.

I am still talking to them regarding our want lists, but it seems that they may have permit issues to content with, will keep you all inform when more information are available.

I got a N.gentle from Island today. I got the one with the most growth points (about 6-7) but this had only 5 pitchers, some of which were rotten. You guys must have taken the best ones away
biggrin.gif

Are any of u going to repot the plant? For those who bought it a long time ago, have u repotted the plant? The pot looks awfully small for such a large plant! What pot size would u recommend for the plant?

Thanks!

I don't see a notable difference between the N. gentle and the N. Miranda.

eBeyonder, I did think the pot was too small, so I repotted it into a larger pot, 12cm deep, 14cm across, though it does taper to about 9cm wide at the base.

Placed some sphagnum moss at the bottom, transplanted the plant with its growing medium intact and covered it with a bit more sphagnum moss.

Back