Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Hi cper from singapore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,
    any of you growing any mature ceph ? i am looking for a mature plant.Have any of you all got any new plants recently ?

Chee Kin [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    CPs= Plants that KILL!
    Any one who has CPs for trade, pls email me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water that I get in my apartment is filled with rust. Therefore I filter all my drinking water using the Brita filter pots or a stand alone water filter by an English brand called Bacfree. My Nepthes seems to be doing quite okay and grow nicely.

Until I changed the potting mix of one Nep. gracilis pot into coconut fiber. The growth almost stopped. I have been reading some past issues of the Carnivorous Plant Newsletter and read that Peter D'Amato is of the opinion that coconut peat or fibers are not good for carnivorous plants in general as they contain too much salt! This is probably because most coconuts trees are found near the sea. That probably explains why some of my plants are not doing so well. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheekin - I dropped by Woon Leng on Saturday but didn't see your plants. Uncle didn't let us wonder around so we kind of peeped here and there...besides, it was way too hot that day..so didn't insist. The orchids were amazing! Probably going down another time. They have n.rafflesiana that are about 20cm across without pitchers. Was told they were recently repotted.

I would like to have a ceph too. Haven't seen it recently in the nurseries.

quqin - coconut fibres also come with fertilisers sometimes...another no-no for neps.

jalan kayu - I saw the neps at Orchardville...they didn't look good except for the ampullaria, which I already have. The TC n.rafflesiana was going for half the price but didn't buy those either...tried my hands at them before...all died.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far East Flora at Thomson Road selling CPs. I spied Drosera capensis (lots of them), Sarracenia purpurea (don't know what subspecies) and another Sarracenia that is longer and thinner (possibly a hybrid). They also had robust VFT (the common ones, I think).

FEF kept them moist but not on water trays. The plants were all in heavy shade with the other foliage plants like ferns.

I bought a Ping that they had but have no idea what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (guqin @ June 16 2003,9:23)
    Far East Flora at Thomson Road selling CPs. ......

I bought a Ping that they had but have no idea what it is.[/QUOTE]
    Guqin,
    I think, the Ping at FEF is Weser (moranensis*ehlersiae).
    Generally FEF does not know how to take care of their CPs.

Cindy,

At Woon Leng, or many others, they put fertilizer to "help plant growth" that helps to explain why n.rafflesiana that are about 20cm across but without pitchers. But if they are cheap I will consider buying and do correction mentioned in the next prara....

Yes, at Orchardville except for the ampullaria the rest are not looking fantastic.
    But some of the smaller Ventrata (alata?) can be grown to good looking plant in a matter of months, by repotting with correct mix, sufficient lighting and watering, I got my for S$5 from...forgot where, since I have gone visiting many nurseries in the last few months.

By the way I the got the best ampullaria from the batch (of 12 or so) at S$10 because they were displaying them wrongly among the S$12 for 2 offer plant and offer to the reduced price for 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guqin: When the ping flowers, you will be able to tell if it's a Weser or Sethos. I bought mine from FEF as a Weser, only to find out when it flowered that it's a Sethos. It's good to just buy pings from there because most of the time, they arrive in very bad shape through the mail when I ordered on my own. My avatar is a Sethos flower! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

jalan kayu: No wonder the plants were pitcherless...then again, I won't have the time to repot them if I buy them...I forgot to ask how much they cost? N.amps are cute, one of my favourites.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that had provided an ID for my ping! The flower is pink and died today before I could get a photograph of it. I don't know whether this is much help for the ID. Looks a bit like Cindy's picture in the username column.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guqin,

Yes Cindy was quite right, Weser and Sethos are very similar, only sure ID is by slight difference of their flowers

For Id of Pinguicula 'Weser' vs 'Sethos' go to this thread
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....6;t=201

have fun

9. Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast