Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tropical weather at north 1, singapore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some discussions about making growth chambers on the forum. Look under the terrariums discussion forum. Now I no money. Peltier cells quite expensive from the marine aquarium shop that I visited (ca. S$300), but you can get a DIY one on eBay for ca. US$20, but I am not an electrician!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petiolaris dews should grow well in Singapore. They should be kept under warm or hot conditions year-round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an idea I had,....... what about trying to get hold of a fridge like the ones all the neighbourhood shops use to sell vitagen and yakult. They are glass (see through for adequate natural light) yet should keep your plants cool but not freezing. I have no idea if it is practical or where you could obtain one unless you call up vitagen/yakult and agree to buy a years supply of their drinks!! Just an idea!!
    Happy growing, Neil.
    A 'pitcher gallery' is where the art is drawn by Mother Nature and a 'pitcher says a thousand words'.
    My pitcher gallery is at: http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to say I have nothing more postive to add to Cindy's comments, I too have spent many dollars on VFT and Sarras, in vain, over the years. I once bought 400 VFT's up from Australia to try and sell and they all stopped closing within days and died within about 2 weeks.

I have about 60 Neps, almost all small, and instead I have concentrated on Tillandsias, Orchids, etc.
    Much as I love my CP's I am resigned to the fact that the very worst ones I find in the wild are a million times better than any cultivated ones so I'd rather leave them where they enjoy it most and where I enjoy them most.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the classified ads in the Straits Times published on Wednesday. Some company selling second-hand yakult (glass) refridgerated display cases for S$400!. This would be great for highlands!

Anyone read about 'modding' PC articles in the Computer Times published on Wednesday? Some company in SG selling peltier cells to cool computers for S$199. Maybe we can adapt the peltier cells for use in a terrarium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For $199 or so, I think can get a wine chiller the size of a bar fridge. Wld the wine chiller be good for highlanders, u think?

Not to mention cobra lilies and sun pitchers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can we buy or see these small wine chillers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, hey... you all are challenging what fatboy and I agree upon i.e. temperate CPs are no-go in SEAsia. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] And you should see the neps in our nature reserves...

Honestly, cooling is one thing. The lights? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast