Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S'pore help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, the operative word being "too much" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] But I agree, if you are pretty sure you're moving them to a better spot, then by all means. But don't move them for the sake of moving them.

I moved a ventrata I bought from Redhill with very noticeable results (pitchers vs. no pitchers). I'm not actually sure what difference I created, either humidity/light increase or both.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey im trying to find out where in my apartment is good for neps...i got a compass and the only direction my windowsills face is north and south [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img], not much use...and most of the the eastern / morning sun is blocked by some buildings, i guess now my cps will only get afternoon...also i found out the problem of my neps slow growing,it is hanging on some bars which faces west and easten side is blocked,most of the westen side(where it is facing) is also blocked {the top part!}so it only gets 3-4 pm sun...
    so now:
    1)i would have to move my neps somewhere and i cant move it to the original position( no space)
    2)my other cps did not get any direct sunlight and there is very little light where my plants are(i dont know why, a while ago there was direct sunlight at 10am-3/4pm on the area i grow my other cps)maybe the sun "shifted" in the sky
    3)i would have to move ,my cps in the house but theres not much space, also the plants are blocking the way of people and when the cleaner come and wash the floor my trays which the cps are standing on gets filled up with soapy water+ tap water

i might move some of my more "important" cps in the house in a small greenhouse (50cm lenghth),and put 2000lumes over it

any suggestions? i need to store my cps in a small area with good conditions

thx and sorry about writing so much

any suggestions?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to be patient when moving Nepenthes around since they seem to take at least a month or more before they will start responding to the new conditions. My N. rafflesiana (or hybrid?) wasn't doing very well until I moved it. It produced 2 beautiful pitchers about 2 months later and now it has a 3rd! Below is the link to the 2 pitchers together.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...94151236DEjCdv
    I haven't taken the 3 pitchers together yet.
    If you move the plant every week or 2 it will be very difficult to know which is the best position for it.
    Happy growing, or in the case of my plants, happy swimming! - We've had soooooo much rain recently!
    Neil.
    A 'pitcher gallery' is where the art is drawn by Mother Nature and a 'pitcher says a thousand words'.
    My pitcher gallery is at: http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil,
    Is your N. rafflesiana in shade or in sunlight for most of the day?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12