User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S'pore help!

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey everyone,i live in the condo and i grow my plants outdoors....Now they arent doing so well(my neps and VFT...are your plants doing ok?it might be because of the cloudy weathers ...i might be wrong, thats why im checking with you guys,maybe my setup is wrong because i moved/hung my neps to a more shady place(lack of space)but it can get direct sunlight in the afternoon.
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How not doing well are they not doing well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wezx,

Morning sun or all day indirect sunlight beats afternoon direct sun. Besides, not much sun in the afternoon lately. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

And neps are sensitive to where you move them to almost immediately. The difference is the next pitcher formed or not formed.
    Cindy

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the pitchers dry up before they are developed, i dont know why but now its getting a new pitcher i think(maybe its adapting)...should i move them to windowsills facing east/northeast(im not sure)?will it be better?i cant move it to its original position(lack of space)
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill try to get a pic soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try not to move your neps around too much.

Hasn't there been sun? For the past week it's been scorching! My sphagnum moss dries up in a day, that's how hot it is over here. A bit worried about my leaves getting burned, in fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at my place there have been rain on and off...and i had to move my neps because of space

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...I'll have to contradict colin. The times when I moved neps, they only did better.

East, north/east is great. I suppose if your plant is unhappy, it'll stay the same. But if you got the place right, it'll perk up in a week! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

One dramatic change was a gracilis that didn't pitcher for a year, the minute I moved it just a foot lower to get more filtered sunlight (only about 30 minutes more), it pitchered like crazy! The other was 3 pots of maximaXventricosa that were growing thin green juvenile pitchers. When I lugged them to school and plonked them on the bright windowsill in a air-con room, the next pitcher they all had was deep maroon and more tubby. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast