Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sri lanka !?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an message from a German friend and he gave me a list of the following plants which should grow there :

N. distillatoria

D. burmanni, indica & peltata

U.aurea, australis, stellaris, gibba, reticulata, scandens, polygaloides, graminifolia, bifida, minutissima, hirta, uliginosa, caerulea, striatula & moniliformis (endemic, tuberous!)

-------

Rob,

"... A private nursery or a Government agency such as the Coconut Research Institute?..."
    It's aprivat nursery, I forgot the name of the village nearby for the moment :-(

"...Anyway, I hope you make it over and I would be happy for you to visit us if you wish..."

If I wish ? What a question ! :-) Of course I do !

"...We have some Nepenthes and a few Heliamphora in the nurseries..." yes, "some" is a very unspecific word *g* How many people are there in the world who grow more Nepenthes than you ?

Martin

Hey Rob,

Could you please tell us more about the Drosera there? Also, what other Drosera have you come across in your travels? I would be very interested in obtaining seed of anything you find as long as there's a location attached. Please email me at sundew@hotmail.com if this is possible.

Thanks,
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any one is interested, there is a search of the cp database by country on my webpage, here:

http://www.islandnet.com/~tmalcolm/CPDlinks.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the slow reply to the question asked earlier, I've been away for a few days.

No, I have not yet seen any Drosera here. D. burmanii used to be common in Hong Kong where I used to live and I'm not surprised to hear it grows here too. I propbably haven't been to the right places. Sri Lanka has a remarkably diverse range of terrains for such a small island. Perhaps Martin will get to see more of it when he gets here than I do!

I'll look out for the Utrics and as I see them I'll photograph them and post the photos so you utric experts can identify them.
    Rob Cantley
    Nep Nut in Sri Lanka
    http://www.borneoexotics.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12