Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heatwave!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaves on my capensis are suddenly dying very quickly. Where do u all put ur capensis? Do u put the pot in a tray of water? I think I'm going to take some leaf cuttings before the whole plant dies. The last few flowers on the flower stalk have died without blooming, so I'm hoping that the flower stalk is all right, and that the seed pods will ripen and give me seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My capensis is totally gone. I managed to save the root stock and it is in a plastic container were I grow spaghnum moss. No signs of growth yet. Perhaps have to get a new plant soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my capensis pots sit in water trays. I think mine are deteriorating too but I'm not sure. I've taken guqin's advice and placed two plastic containers over two of my pots, leaving another two uncovered for comparison.

guqin, how often do you uncover them to let fresh air in and ensure mould doesn't form?

I've got my first flower stalk that hasn't died prematurely, so I'm hopeful.

Also, what are those thin green spikes that the capensis sends up, three or four at a time? They're obviously not flower stalks, so what are they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I let fresh air in only when I have time or observe fungus growing! I leave the house at 6:25 AM to go to school and do not come home until about 7 PM. So, I only let the plants get fresh air on an irregular basis. But, I inspect the plants every night to make sure no fungus are growing.

Sorry, not much of help to you I am afraid.

However, the fungicide sold as Captan works very well for me.

Weather is now quite rainy and the humidity at my apartment is about 80%. No need for the plastic container, I think, for these few days if it continues to rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try and uncover them every two days or so.

Yes, it has been raining quite a bit. Quite pleased about that. Although it hasn't been long enough for me to collect as much water as I'd like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colin, if u're referring to the same thing as those with my capensis, I believe that those green spikes are weeds. They come up in my Sarr pot as well, so the reasonable explantion ought to be that they are weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that never really occurred to me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    They only seem to appear in my sundew pots, even though I used sphagnum moss for all my CPs, so I thought it had something to do with my sundews.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey the tips of the older leaves of my D. capinesis are turning black....it this normal?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast