What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free d. intermedia seeds for singapore

Have seeds for D. intermedia {no dormancy if keept warm, Pasco Co. Fla, USA}, interested please PM me.
Sorry, Singapore Address only.

must we sase?

No SASE needed, just PM me your address.

ok then how long will it take for the seeds to arrive?

I will wait till Monday for all the requests to come in, then I will divide the seeds into equal portions, send them out by Wednesday. Should reach requester by the next working day

thx jalan kayu u r kind

Hi wezx & colinliew
Did not receive your PM, please re-send PM (address)

jalan kayu ill send you my address today in the afternoon

did you recieve my address?

hey jalan kayu so how is it going?
have you gotten the seeds from the sundew yet?

also i went to FEF at rideout park and got some sundews for $3 each...it wasnt dying but it looks all brown (only about 2 crowns dried up...some tenticles even had a little dew.
the auntie didnt want to sell it to me for $3 but i convinced her so she did.she said if her boss finds out she will get killed:p

oh ya u have to kinda make friends with the auntie there to get discounts

Seeds sent out today to:
Cindy
Neil
Colin
wezx

This is a tropical D. intermedia, seeds can be sown without cold stratification treatment. Small seedlings are sprouting around the mother plants, under direct morning sun, but I guess you should avoid direct sun in your case, just bright light, standard CP mix, high humidity & Singapore temperature.

Happy growing

thanks jalan kayu! im so excited!...what soil mix do you recomend?right now i have perlite, peat moss and LFS moss. is it ok if i dont add humidity ?will the seedlings still grow?(im scared of rot)

also anyone know when the nice sunny weathers will be back?
(my VFT cuttings are dying)

I use standard mix: sphagnum peat moss /perlite 2:1, wet it with microwaved rainwater (distill water is fine). Fill mix into a transparent microwave container to about 2 cm layer, microwaves the mix at medium power (not at high power, if you don’t want to clean up) without lid for 2~4 minute (make sure it heat up well), cover lid and let it cool down. Drain off excess water so that the mix is just moist and not wet, sow seeds and cover lid, place container at a bright location and wait. When seeds sprout, remove lid gradually over a few days to harden the seedlings. Watering by misting, so as not to disturb the roots. Transplant when seedlings have 4~5 leaves.  

Microwave = sterile
Transparent microwave container = allows light.
With lid on = to keep high humidity, and no watering is required.

Happy growing

thanks jalan kayu you are so professional,

Thanks very much, jalan kayu. Appreciate your efforts!

My mother will kill me for using the microwave to sterilize the potting mix.
rolleyes.gif
wow.gif

Must find a cheap microwave oven. Any lobang anyone?

hi i recieved the seeds... thanks! i planted them in peat moss.... how long will the seeds take to sprout?
thx

I think it will depend on their immediate environment. For my case, one month.

Back