Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone has P x sethos, weser?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Singaporeans,

Does anyone has a spare P x weser/sethos (the one from FEF) and wants to exchange it for a d.intermedia or d.filiformis?

Or does FEF carry any of them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got mine from FEF ridout park 2 mths ago; I bot 2 P Wesers n 2 VFT, but in the end only the VFT are still alive whereas the Wesers are dead, I think they need cooler conditions.
    Anyway, u can try FEF Ridout Park.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vistary, p.sethos does very well here. What happened to yours?

Mine:

It can take lower humidity than we think.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one healthy butterwort, Cindy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shessh, I don't have much luck with this species. I lost 2 of the ones I got from FEF. One yielded 4 new ones thru division. Lost them all as well. Then the leaf cuttings gave me like 8 more. Now 4 are black. 4 look like they're dying. I lost 14!

So if I ever get a new P x sethos, I'm going to put it in an inorganic substrate and see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cindy,
    Your Ping looks great!!
    I really dont have muc luck with them, I bot a total of 4 over 1.5 yrs, from FEF, but lost all of them, they turned black and rotted away.
    Were yours from FEF?
    What substrate u use, is that perlite?
    Where u place the ping?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some of you might know, I am trying out a relatively new substrate for Pings as a subsitute for sand of a suitable grain size (circa 0.5 - 1 mm in diameter). I am now using diatomite which is made up of fossilized diatoms (a kind of microscopic unicellular algae with silica cell walls). They retain water for a while but will dry out in a couple of days or so, depending on environmental conditions. This will ensure that the plant's roots do not dry out and also provide adequate aeration to the roots. In some pots, especially those outside the house, I add a pinch of peat to help retain water in case I forget to water the plants for one day.

eBeyonder, your pings that are with me are in diatomite and so far they look alright. Maybe your growing conditions need to be looked into. Too much water perhaps? I keep my Pings slightly on the dry side. I usually do not put them on a water tray, but this also means that you have to be very careful not to let the substrate dry out totally. With diatomite and some peat, I have at least one day's grace before the plant totally dries out and die.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gugin,
    You may find that you get a few extra benefits using Diatomaceous Earth (Diatomite). It is used for a natural pesticide so you may notice an abscence of insects, particularly those that have a lot of exposed soft tissues, such as fungus gnat larva and it has trace amounts of minerals in it (unless it's the kind used for swimming pool filters). Much like crushed sea shells that some people have had luck using as a medium for their pings.

It will be interesting to see how your ping does in this medium.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    BCK
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast