What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos of assorted CPs

Cindy

Staff member
FEF siow-siow gracilis. Given out to ebeyonder, guqin, wezx and Jason.
smile.gif

siow_graciers.jpg

D.intermedia seedlings (seeds from jalan kayu). Very pretty huh? I notice that a few of them are red instead of green under florescents. Anyone notice that of your seedlings?
biggrin.gif
I hope the little red ones will grow up all red!!!

jk_intermedia_pot1rs.jpg

The close-up of a leaf...

inter_dew1.jpg

D.regia. Two of them. About 2-3mths old. Hope they'll grow up healthy and strong.
smile.gif

regia_3mth1.jpg

regia_3mth22.jpg

My D. intermedia grown under fluorescent lights all have red tentacles like yours, Cindy.
smile.gif

Too bad that all my D. regia died
sad.gif

guqin, I meant red leaves.
smile.gif
I noticed that not only the tentacles are red, the leaf lamina is red too!!

Wah! That's fantastic! Must get a cutting from you next time!
wink.gif

hey Cindy what kind of light did you grow the N gracillis in before you sent it to me? the pitchers are blackening. I put it under 72W of PL lights about 7 inches from the light. Maybe it will grow better in indirect light?

Too bright and too hot, wezx. Your cutting rooted 5 inches from 18W!!!
wow.gif

This plant will pitcher on every leaf even under indirect light. But once you've hardened it, it can take direct sunlight. Leaves will then be much shorter and thicker, and pitchers larger and redder.

Wow interesting pictures Cindy, looks like you grew your plants in agar!
What's the green medium you grew your seedlings on? Looks like algae
Jason

Cindy: 18W? i can give it 30W "pink" light right now minimum.
can i hardern the plant in flouresant light? If not after its hardern can it be brought back to a terrarium?

Everyone: Is 30W enough for most neps? about 4-5 inches from them. mature plants will need more right?
also has anyone tried "pink" aquarium lights before? it came with a light setup. It looks quite dim

thanks

also does your flouresant lights have a strong smell? the pink one i bought has a really bad smell. Is this normal? Im not sure if its burning. If it is ill change it. I bought it from a shop at Pasir Ris fish farm area. Its a 2 bulb setup, 15W each bulb. It costs $35.
guqin: the shop also sold a 2 1/2 feet set up but it had only 1 bulb (20W). it costs $32
thx

Smell?Not a good sign, wezx.
rock.gif
The pink lights are not as good for the plants as the cheap florescent found hanging in most shops or hawker centres. I personally prefer cool whites.

Two lights at 15W each is weaker than a single 30W bulb in terms of brightness (taking into account they are of the same brand and is the same range of bulb). Which is also why a single 4-foot bulb is better than two 2-foot bulbs.

really? but the difference is not so big right?

im going to KL, see you guys in 1 week! i have bought some VFTs and saw some big neps 4 sale

vbye!

Hi,
Sorry I was not able to post earlier, I had to rush to KL and the Genting highlands in Malaysia to spend christmas with my grandparents
Cindy I recieved your cutting right before I went to Malaysia and came home just to plant the cutting
good to see you guys again
smile.gif

Jason

Genting? Oh ho... I just returned from Cameron Highlands. See my photos in the main nep forum.

i went to Genting highlands! i love the cold! especially in the morning!

You guys are all enjoying yourself...sigh, I didn't go abroad...was busy setting up CP hotel...
wink.gif

Oh great! Just in time
smile.gif

Let me know all the details Cindy...I look forward to being the first customer.

Cp Hotel...

My balcony at my new place...

Only available around May or Junel...

To be tested by my own plants first...

Charges? Ummm...NIL, but will need owners to provide their own bottles of distilled water...
wink.gif

That will be alot of distilled water for BMT!
tounge.gif

Back