User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which dried LFS to grow live LFS from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the Just moss from New Zealand is good for growing, although I have not had many live sphagnum plants yet...do you need to cover up the container in which you grow live sphagnum moss?I use rainwater for my sphagnum moss growing

Wow fantastic pic guqin! (looks like the live sphagnum moss has a green jelly coating! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had luck with the Chilean variety (the stuff I got at Lowe's). I don't believe it's considered as good as the NZ stuff. Seems to be taller and skinnier. I was able to grow it without any other medium. I just chopped it up, rehydrated with RO water, put a pretty ping in there, and put a tightly fitting plastic cup on top. I don't think that chopping it up makes any difference.

I keep it in an eastern facing window, so it gets some direct and indirect light. Spagnum moss tips will dry and die if not kept damp, so keep a watering tray underneath or at least spray it with water when it starts to dry out. My room humidity varies between 40-80%, so I usually spray every other day or just keep some water at the bottom.

Algae is usually slimy, darkish green, and shiny. Spag is usually spongy, fluffy, and a nice medium green color.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    illl try answering but i might be wrong

1) i put everything as they are

2)i think brighter light is better but partial shade is ok too

3) the live spahgum will start off as small spikes around the middle.................(i can't explain)

4) i grow mine without cover

i think what spahgum moss need is mainly alot of water. All my spahgum moss (in pots)which are standing on a trays of water becomes live. The spahgum moss in my nep's pots don't
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12