User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: distilled water

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey every1 sorry to bring up this subject again. Where do you guys get distilled water? Bottled distilled water is now expensive because the strong light in my terrarium causes alot of evaporation so water gets used up fast
    I was thinking of buying a cheap brita filter or an osim. Both will still have nutrients but the chlorine is removed, what do you think?

thx
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainwater
    Rainwater
    and rainwater I collect each winter at least 1000 gl. of water so I can survive most of summer time then also aircundition water and RO system and I'm free of worry.
    Arie
    Arie Cohen

Israel Carnivorous Plants Society Chairman
    http://www.thecarnivorousplants.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Arie,

Do you use trashcans or something else to collect the water?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wezx,
    You might have to get a water hardness meter to measure the water hardness that comes out from the tap. My view is that the Brita filter might not be of much help. Having said that, my Nepenthes can take water straight from the tap. Possibly because the water at my house is quite soft.

You have probably reach a stage where getting a RO unit or water distiller is cheaper than buying bottled distilled water. I have both a distiller and RO unit and sometimes, I have my hands full trying to get sufficient water for all the plants. There needs to be alot of planning to get sufficient water.

Try getting a RO unit or the Hyflux Dragonfly that makes water out of air!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 huge water tanks each 1500 ltr. plus some smaller ones each 150 ltr.
    Arie
    Arie Cohen

Israel Carnivorous Plants Society Chairman
    http://www.thecarnivorousplants.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arie! You are one serious collector and grower! My hats off to you! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aircondition water? whats that?
    i might get a filter with 0.1 micron. A RO/DI unit is TOO expensive! Also i've heard that RO/DI water tastes bad...
    guqin: will tap water in an apartment near holland road be ok for neps? how do i test it out?

thanks!
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guqin, where did you get your distiller and RO unit? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] And how much?
    Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast