User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lawn sand from FEF

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey is the lawn sand from FEF ok for cps? im not sure what coarse sand means, i spoke to one of the guys in FEF and he said that it was well washed and he not sure if it was river sand, anyone using it?

thanks
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May not be the best for CP soil mix, but I did use it.
    Just make sure you wash it many many times, soak it over night and soak it again with distilled water, you may want to measure the PH and TDS if you have a PH/TDS meter to ensure low mineral content.

JK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better wash the lawn sand really clean. It is full of mud. I had a bad experience with it.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks,
    so what do you guys recomend?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My choice is very expensive. Washed river sand for aquarium use from an aquarium shop in Clementi. Five kilograms for S$16 (I think; ask Cindy who bought a pack recently). Saves alot of water and time for me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are swimming pools in Singapore, then there are swimming pool filters. Such usually employ coarse silica sand and probably at less expense than aquarium sand.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are lots of swimming pools in Singapore, both public and private ones. However, I have yet to find a source for the sand used in the filters. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $16?!?!
    id rather soak it overnight! The only disadvantage about it is that it has alot of mud?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast