Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feed What?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At work I have been successful at catching flies alive, putting them in a 50 ml sample tube, and putting them into the fridge. In a few minutes they go to sleep. When it's time to feed I take them out and place them into my VFT. When they warm up - they wake up and struggle enough to give the VFT the signal that it has a live one, thus sending out its digestive juices. Gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everybody, haven't logged on for quite a while.
    My nepenthes catch lots of ants naturally but I would recommend koi carp pellets for the nepenthes also. No need for all this fuss about catching fruit flies/breeding mealworms etc. My neighbours probably think I'm mad if they watch me but who cares. After I have fed my fish and turtles I then walk around and feed my plants. 1 pellet once a week seems to help them alot.
    Happy growing , neil.
    A 'pitcher gallery' is where the art is drawn by Mother Nature and a 'pitcher says a thousand words'.
    My pitcher gallery is at: http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone here feed their neps milk? (not bottle feed, just drops ) I have heard that milk can help encourage growth in neps, and besides, feeding milk takes away all the gross aspects of other methods of feeding, say, stuffing crikets into pitchers?

Could anyone recommend a fat free and preferably high protein content milk brand? (or a soluble fish food brand, or any type of food high in protein that is suitable to feed nepenthes with)

Thanks,
    Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who feed their neps mealworms and crickets, could you please pm me a good shop to buy them from and how often you feed your plants? Thanks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12