What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Sundew leaf cuttings

Hey Singaporeans,

Does anyone have any spare sundew leaf cuttings to share/trade/sell? My collection has suffered a bit in recent months due to lack of pure water and neglect (due to heavier school work!) and now I'm seeking to replenish my collection.

Cheers!
biggrin.gif

Do you want D. filiformis?

Heh, that's the species I have the most of
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the kind offer, though!

Yeah, those buggers are very easy to reproduce.
smile.gif

How about Spatulata & Intermedia?

I agree filiformis is really crazy! I've got enough to sell soon!
wink.gif

Thanks for putting your request in a nice manner (some will just ask for the cuttings blatantly 'cos they know you have them). We'll gladly help you replenish your collection.
smile.gif

Yes, Filiformis is really crazy. I have so many of them now. But the original plant is very prone to drying out nowadays. In the past I could not water it for 2 days and it'll still be fine. Now, once I miss watering for 1 day, it dries up very badly!

Cindy, thanks for ur offer... Spatulata would be nice, if possible
smile.gif

On my side, I have filiformis and intermedia. Still have some intermedia seeds from last year. PM me if anyone wants them!

BTW, your D. intermedia seeds had already germinated after two months and the germination rate is very good.
smile.gif

I had good germination rates as well after I had put the pots containing the seeds in the sun, with a cover to preserve the moisture. It seems that all these seeds need either light or heat (or both) to germinate... that's why I've now shifted my "seed pots" to my terrarium, which actually is a fish tank placed in the sunlight
biggrin.gif

Argh...looks like I'm the only one with no sundew luck! Nothing has germinated for me so far
sad.gif

How come everybody around here have D.filiformis?! Believe it or not, I don't have a single strand of D.filiformis! Anyone (in singapore) who has too much D.filiformis and wants to get rid of it because its taking over your house, I will happily buy any extras you have to sell (Cindy, did you mention selling?
wink.gif
)
For now, I'll just wait patiently...:p
wink.gif

Thanks,
Jason

You just need one strand of filiformis, Jason. Right, guys?
wink.gif
I've got >30 baby plants now from one given to me by guqin. Soon, I'll have to give them away to my students.

So what would you like? One strand of leaf cutting? Or a baby plant?  
smile.gif

ebeyonder, are you saying that you actually "bake" the intermedia seeds? I left them in the fridge for almost a month 'cos I thought they were temperate!!!  
wow.gif

Cindy,
I'll have anything you can spare me. Seems like they reproduce quickly, from what I've heard...
wink.gif
sounds kind of scary actually
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Thankx,
Jason

Cindy,

Thanks for the offer of the ping cuttings; I currently have some and would want to make sure those grow properly first before killing anymore pings
wow.gif
But thanks once again!

Anyway, ok, I suspect that the D.intermedia I got are indeed temperate despite THY stating to the contrary. Reason: they are now producing winter-resting buds, and have done so after Nov after a vigorous flowering season. Like u, I stored the seeds in the fridge but without moisture. For the seeds which did germinate, I think they were in the fridge for less than 3 days and then were baked in the sun as I had described earlier. Hmmm... perhaps it's a temperate D.intermedia which seeds do not require stratification?
rock.gif

Back