0 Thread(s)
    Count me in.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone
    I would like to get D.Adelae also you can count me in if you donít mind someone from Penang Joining in ?
    I was also looking to get some other Plants if we wonít to make a list of things we would like?
    Regards
    Steven

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

sorry i haven't been on i had some school stuff and other things on, did i miss anything?? my byblis seeds did not germinate, it got attacked by algae ...
    just to make sure I didn't forget anything, plz remind me if i had
    I would like some D. Adelae in May too
    Hello steven! nice to meet you, how are you going to collect your plants from Singapore? Also ive seen and bought some neps from Penang's flora exibition when i went there for a trip
    One more thing ive upgrade my terrarium and it looks great, neat square trays with neat square pots and they fit exactly in my new $20 terrarium turned on its side, now i have MUCH more space than before for more plants! I can fit about 40 square pots in my new terrarium and it costed only $30+ to improve

also thx for the seeds and cuttings everyone!

A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

Just to give every1 an idea of the cost of ordering from overseas, I've plucked these numbers from www.bestcarnivorousplants.com

D. adelae {Giant; seeds collected from white flowered plant} / EUR 10
    D. venusta / EUR 8
    D. binata {red plant, Waihohonu, Desert Road, NZ, 1080m} / EUR 8

Phytosanitary cert -- EUR 25
    Airmail -- EUR 12 - 30

So, taking the max possible airmail rate of 30 EUR (though I doubt it'll come to that much) and the cert at 25 EUR, that'd be 55 EUR to shared amongst the buyers.

That's about the cost. The last time I did a purchase (which guqin kindly coordinated ), the total cost came to about 60 SGD for 4 plants, including all certs and transport.

Just some numbers for everyone to consider; if we're still interested come May'04, we can see how best to organise this purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wezx and others who didn't experience germination with their Byblis seeds, I have some more to send out to you. But I must appeal that you wait out a while first with the seeds in lots of light and sunlight, cos in my limited experience, they need these conditions to germinate. Hopefully the rainy/cloudy season will be over soon enough!

So if u think u've really satisfied these seeds and think that the problem lies with the seeds, pls send me a PM and I'll be happy to send u somemore to try. Of course, wezx, I understand ur seeds basically rotted away, so if u like some new ones, send me a PM.

Once again, the seeds are quite limited in number and it seems that the parent plant is dying away soon, it being an annual. So pls only ask if u truly need fresh seeds; if not, I would hope to spread the remaining limited quantity to those whose seeds have really defaulted

Hopefully I can share this wonderful plant with you guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something you might be interested in
    COLLECTORS CARNIVOROUS PLANTS
    There is Drosera adelae for $Aus 3
    It might cost a little bit more to import plants than seed's but the more we buy the cheaper it gets .
    Regards
    Steven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steven,

The problem with Triffid Park is that they charhe 125 AUD for phytosanitary certs and impose a minimum of 40 AUD on transport and packaging costs. That works out to be 165 AUD fixed costs to be shared by everyone, and that is quite a bit...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wezx @ Mar. 26 2004,11:33)]One more thing ive upgrade my terrarium and it looks great, neat square trays with neat square pots and they fit exactly in my new $20 terrarium turned on its side, now i have MUCH more space than before for more plants! I can fit about 40 square pots in my new terrarium and it costed only $30+ to improve
    wezx, where did you manage to find square pots and how big is your terrarium?
    Cindy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast