Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Singaporeans: D. adelae anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's prob mentioned somewhere b4, but how much are the lights? And for that matter, the sea monkeys? Are they sold in commercial packaging or well, separately, monkey by monkey?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another query about sea monkeys...from me. The brine shrimp eggs from aquarium shops hatch easily but the adults die easily too. I've tried sea monkeys, they hatched but never got to become adults! Question is, are the ones you saw tougher? I'm thinking of getting the children to cultivate some on the topic of life cycle.
    Cindy

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm... they looked quite easy to take care of but im not sure about it, call Terresa Yeo at 65827768 or email at jafterdi@singnet.com.sg she usually takes about 1 or 2 days to reply. She will be able to tell you everything. HEY CINDY, Teresa sets up school experiments like what you thought of doing. You can ask her for any type of experiment and she will probably have it, I asked her for tissue culture jelly but her source was out of town.

those sea monkeys look interresting, maybe i should get one but i think it takes a while for them to grow and reproduce and stuff
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy really large ones from the fish shop at Clementi. They sell the brine shrimps for people to feed to their luohans! Anyway, it appears that the luohan craze had died down. Thank goodness for that! BTW, Cindy you could also try another animal that could be hatched, grow and breed ewasily in freshwaters. These animal has hardly change from the time of the dinosaurs and are quite wierd, werider than brine shrimps in my opinion. They are call Triops and some online company sells them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe...

wezx:
    thanks. I'll email Theresa and ask for more details. I would like the kids to see the whole life cycle.

guqin:
    I bought the ones at Clementi for my puffer. In the end I was way too intrigue to use them as feed. I'll probably consider getting these if it's too difficult to hatch them from eggs. Let me research on Triops...
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, you have a puffer fish? Wow, where can I get one of those? Anyway, if u hear from Theresa re the sea monkeys, cld u post the info here? I'm also interested in these creatures.

I got some triops from London last year; they're like horseshoe crabs, only much smaller. I haven't actually hatched mine cos they apparently die within a few mths of hatching, so I really want to save them till Singapore starts selling them

And lol, how did D.adelae become sea moneys? Anyway, JK has kindly told me that the total fixed costs from Bestcarnivores would be EUR 17 max. I can't say here how this number is arrived at here cos it's too complicated to explain. Hopefully if sufficient people are interested, we can organise something.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that 17 EUR for all the shipping costs and CITIES maxed? that isn't so bad, i thought it would cost alot more

puffers are brackish right? ive seen them for sale in markets be4
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all puffers live in brackish water. There are a few species from Asia, India, Africa and the tropical Americas are true freshwater species. The very small ones you see in the aquarium shops that are deep golden brown in colour with some black patterning are the freshwater ones from India. Difficult to keep alive. Need fresh food, small live freshwater shrimp (Caridina sp.) would be best.

Those puffers that are greenish in colour with black spots are brackish.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast