Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Misters for Neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone of you guys use misters for your neps?
    If so what type of containers do you place them in and how often you operate them?
    I just bought 3 misters and i am in the process of building my neps enclosure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow all my neps outside. I think SG's weather is humid enough for the lowlanders that I am growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know whether N.bicalarata is a lowlander? I don't think singapore's weather is doing mcuh for it...also does anyone know how to "bring a nep back to life", because one of my dead neps (totally dried brown) suddenly sent out a shoot (NOT a weed as it has pitchers), and I'm stunned cuz this have never happened to me before, despite all the neps which have perished under my care... . Should I cut off the stem of the already wilted brown plant like my brother said, or just leave it alone to bud by itself (if there are still are living veins in it, that is. Oh yeah, the topmost "fresh" shoot the bical was sending out is still a little dull green. Does that help the situation? Maybe I should be asking this in the nep board...
    BTW vistary, I put my neps on the windowsill (one of the few rare ones that recieves sufficient sunlight for cp growing) (fresh air good for plant you know) . I agree with guqin, who needs a mister in singapore (having lived here all my life and I still have NOT gotten used to it...)

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason, I use misters in my chamers. I also use a humidifier in the highland and a vaporizer in the lowland. I run the misters twice a day. The humidifier and vaporizer are used at night to bring the temp to where I want it.

One mister is placed in a fancy urn. This must be partially lidded due to the water splash. The other is in a large bowl. It is not too attractive, but will due for now.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the misters because my N. bical havent pitcher for almost 6mths, the tendril ends always get burnt
    Hope it'll start to do so soon
    besides the mister's effect is really spectacular, resembles the SBG cool house or some highland tropical rainforest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bical was just starting to send out a pitcher (from a tendril), but then my newbie care got the better of it and it sort of wilted, but I don't think the problem was due to lack of water...or it may have been...it was raining all week but there were some dry periods in between, could have dried out then. Have to find a way to get it to send out a green shoot...my other nep did this after it "died"...probably had some living cells in its stem, hope my bical does too. Does anyone know how I can induce the bical to produce a new shoot from a dried out stem? Should I cut it, and if so, where? Is there any source which I can get info from eg.books, websites etc?

I have to hurry otherwise it WILL totally "die".

Thanks,
    Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason: just curious, where did u get your bical from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had a bical from Melasiana but it turned out to be a bical x gracilis hybrid. From what I understand and read, bical could probably do well with less light, at for us living in SG. Perhaps the addition of some peat in the potting mix could also help as I thought that it is found in peat swamps of north western borneo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast