Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CP shops in S.E.A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its okay...I've done it before - don't tell them!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Oh dear, when did we give the impression that Singapore is not strict about the import of live species?

Please read: Import & Export of Plants and Plant Products

Not kidding but if caught, the fines are hefty.

For example, given our heavy traffic of passengers who transit at our international airport, if caught, it's capital punishment for trafficking in more than 15 grams (half an ounce) of heroin, 30 grams of cocaine or 500 grams of cannabis!!!

Most importantly, it's not about the hefy fines or the punishment we'll get but the responsibility of protecting our remaining wildlife population in Singapore. Getting the plants "phytosanitory certified" would mean that they are free from plant diseases which may harm our local species of plants. Imagine introducing some new plant viruses or bacteria that have never been to Singapore...just like how SARS was introduced into the local community!!! We at least have doctors who can help us but plants can't verbalise their pain like we can and they can't turn to anything for help.

Bottomline is: Pay for the certs and keep our wildlife population intact.

And: Share your certified plants via cuttings/seeds.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All
    Maybe I gave the wrong impression in my Post at the bottom I was just asking if anyone knows about exporting plants from Singapore to West Malaysia as I live in penang.
    On the AIA website it stats that
    [/QUOTE]
    Q1: What are the regulations regarding the import of plants?
    A:
    The import of plants is regulated by the Phytosanitary and Plant Quarantine Section of AVA.

Plants can be imported into Singapore subject to the following requirements.

West Malaysia: Presently there is no restriction.

Countries other than from South Africa Tropic: If the plant is imported without soil or growing medium (bare-rooted), a phytosannnitory certificate is required from the country of origin, declaring that the soil or growing medium is treated with the pesticides stated in the permit. If the plant is imported with soil or growing/potting medium (peat moss etc), an AVA Import Permit is required. The permit costs $18 and is valid for one consignment only and can be used within.

3 months. This permit should be acquired prior to import.

Countries from South America Tropic: The import of soil/other growing medium or plants with soil/growing medium is not allowed. In addition to an AVA Import permit, the phytosanitary certificate form the country of origin should state that "The plants are free from South American Leaf Blight (Microcyclus ulei) or produced in regions free from South American Leaf Blight.

In addition to the above conditions, all plants will be subjected to a post-entry inspection by AVA.

For CITES controlled plants (Endangered plants), a CITES permit is required for import.
    [QUOTE]

Is this the same for Exporting to West Malaysia?
    By all means the regulations should be followed that is why Im trying to check to see if I can export them from Singapore to Malaysia before I go and buy the plants and get stopped at the customs.
    Regards
    Steven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, now I'm scared...don't think I'll try that again...
    Thanks Cindy for enlightening me with all the important aspects of importation...

Phew, when I think of all the times I could have gotten caught...

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steven: what plants do you intend to get from the S'pore nursery?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any CP that i can Find that i dont already have
    As im not to sure what there is avalable im sure there will be the local Neps i would like to get some more VFT, Sarracenia and Drosera as my last one died of funges
    There was some talk the FEF had some Sarracenia.
    Any othere shops i should try
    I would also like to get some good spagnum moss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FEF's good for VFT, Drosera and Sarracenia. There is usually a steady supply.

The neps you can usually find somewhere in Singapore are N. rafflesiana, N. gracilis, N. ampullaria, N. x ventrata, N. x Gentle, N. x Miranda and if you're lucky some of the more exotic varieties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steven: while in S'pore, you shld visit the SBG cool house which houses many CP.... the last time i been there was a 3 mths ago... not sure what changes have been made.
    also, if u r unfamiliar with the S'pore nurseries, let us know

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast