See for yourself!

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/albu...2307.thumb.jpg
    'Bird's eye'view of baby flowering D.intermidiate

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/albu...2306.thumb.jpg
    Zoomed in a little...

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/albu...2305.thumb.jpg
    And finally, a side view of the flower.

I know that 'strong lighting tends to induce early flowering in
    D.intermidiate' (as quoted from Jalan Kayu), but how early is 'early'?
    Is it, say, normal for a D.intermidiate to flower in these conditions (you know, high humidity, strong lighting (72Watt) and singaporean wheather and environment?
    Its not even two months old...

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the D.intermidiate desperate to pass down its genes to the next generation, or what? Or maybe it was because I fed it too much...and now its trying to get rid of excess energy by flowering (and forming seed...yippee! At last I can get hold of some D.intermidiate seed (which is not obtained from other people )

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noooo...why doesn't the actual picture show up on the screen? It worked last time...
    The image seems a little blurred...must be out of focus...should I put a magnifying glass in front of the lens, or what, because every time I focus on the flower, I can't focus on the plant itself, and vice versa. Is this supposed to be true with cameras?

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know whether I should be getting excited about this...is this rare?

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, me little dews are flowin too!
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like a flower all right. The D.intermedia I got from guqin or Jalan Kayu (can't tell cos I potted them in the same pot) is flowering as well although it is very small. Size is about well, the length of a thumb (its diameter)? In contrast, my D.intermedia flowers only when it is huge: when its diameter is about the length of one's middle finger. I suspect the two are different species of D.intermedias. If flowering is a sign of maturity, then the small intermedia probably isn't getting any larger, which seems to suggest that mine is probably a larger version of D.intermedia. To further bolster this belief, it formed what I thought were winter resting buds last Dec/Jan, and its seeds don't germinate as readily as a tropical seed ought to in our hot weather! Maybe it's a "Big Audrey" variant of D.intermedia!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way Jason, if u want to get focus on close-up objects with ur cam which presumably does not have very close-up macro features, u can tru placing a magnifying glass in front of the cam lens and adjusting the distance according until u get focus. It's crude, but it works and u don't have to get expensive close-up lenses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is it:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast