What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Singapore - Anyone taking nep orders?

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
Is anyone else interested in neps?
rock.gif

Is anyone going to volunteer to be the "consolidator"?
wink.gif

I've got a long want-list!
tounge.gif

Argh! If you had asked two weeks ago, Cindy...

Sorry, I've placed my orders already. Out of curiosity, what are you ordering, though?

Colin, your Nep. 'Gentle' a boy or a girl?

Cindy: you are referring to ordering from Malesiana?
Anyone has plans to go Kuching and visit Malesiana?

Kuching? CLose to KL or not? I'll be visiting my cousins sometime in my holiday - less than 12 hours after my last exam ends! (have to get out of singapore otherwise go mad, especially after being in 10 hour a day exam hibernation for three months...)
wink.gif

I can take a drive to anywhere within my reach (4 hours anywhere)
tounge.gif

Jason

Kuching is in Sarawak, in East Malaysia. You would have to fly there or take a slow boat...
smile.gif

AHH!!!!

How bout by car? Or will it take too long, or is there even a road leading to there? Don't want to drive into the river...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jason Kuching is on the Opposite side of Singapore to KL and you will need a boat or airplane

Does anyone know how long it would take
Wow, Cindy's and my post is only a minute apart...so that's why I didn't see it before...

Jason

jason you could Fly and it would take about 2 hr

This is a very fragmented post =) Guqin, my N. x Gentle is a...I have no idea. It hasn't bloomed yet, merely in the process of doing so.

How do you identified whether its male or female with the flower?
wink.gif

Uhm...males have anthers and females have stigmas, or something like that. I never really paid attention to plant biology before
rock.gif
Consult one of the nep books, like Clarke or D'Amato.

So they're not hermaphrodite? (ie. don't produce both reproductive organs). Tough, so you won't be able to get seed?
That's why nep seeds are so rare...gotta have two flowering at the same time...the odds of that are virtually neil!
wink.gif

Nep plants are either male or female. You've never know if what gender your plant is unless it flowers! It's quite common for them to flower in the wild. The book "Carnivorous Plants of Singapore" has photographs of the flowers.
smile.gif

Back