What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cpers, place your orders! :)

I thought I would make a new topic for easier tracking of
who-wants-what and reference (no need to go to page 4 of the other one now...)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Hmmm...which cps should I choose? *rubbing my hands in glee*
biggrin.gif

Not all pictures are posted on the best carnivores site for visual reference, i'll have to look for them in the web. Oh well, still can choose from all the cute looking cps there are there...
wink.gif

So Place Your Orders now!
(otherwise I won't be able to see the order finalised and the email sent, going on exam hibernation soon!)
So which ones shall I choose...?
wink.gif

I'll take...a...
(Don't hurry me ok, important desision to be made here!)
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Jason

actually, can we keep this ordering private by a mass mail?
my email is vistary@yahoo.com
I'll still be ordering the following:
P. laueana {SP3; very red plants} / EUR 12
who else intends to order pings, and if so what species?

ebeyonder: I'll add in 1 or 2 more orders(mainly pings), after i done my reading up on their requirements. I havent been successful with sundews, and i'm still in the process of trying to grow pings successfully.
tounge.gif

Decision made!
biggrin.gif

I'll take the:

A. vesiculosa (NEW) / EUR 1.25 (who wants to share?)
D. binata {red plant, Waihohonu, Desert Road, NZ, 1080m} / EUR 8 (sharing anyone?)
D. venusta / EUR 8
D. hamiltonii / EUR

...And whichever ping anyone wants to share like P. moranensis (cheap, appealing to kiasu people)
wink.gif
or whatever. Preferably a nice one with nice flowers and a good insect catching ability...
wink.gif

Jason

Shoot too late, I've posted, sorry vistary, I didn't see your post before.
I'm all for the mail idea. I send an email tomorrow, too tired now, going to bed.
(Goodnight everybody)
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Jason

Jason: take the laueana with red flowers... supposedly only this sp. of ping has red flowers...(pardon me if i m wrong)

Ok guys, can we all do this systematically by placing only one final list with the cost of the plant and the total cost? Would those interested pls PM me with ur email address, once everyone's in, I'll send a mass email to confirm.

Cheers!

Ok I meant to PM me ur desired list with the total cost and ur email address.

Take ur time, no worries. I think guqin's interested as well but I read he's now out of the country?

Guqin's in France
tounge.gif
smile.gif

(supposedly 'Notredame' as I heard) - cool!
wink.gif

Vistary, can I share the P.laueana with you? I think my brother might want some as well...
smile.gif

Oh ya, who gonna get the free 'present plant'?
wink.gif
scissors...paper...STONE!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Jason

(ok i'll send an email)
wink.gif

Is P.laueana an easy species to grow (I mean in a singaporean environment)
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Jason: I read from a previous post that Cindy keeps it as well. Not exactly easy to keep.. Anyway, from the list, they seem to have a number of varieties to choose from. Its better that you order another variety(e.g P. laueana crimson red) from mine(P. laueana SP3), so that we will have more to share.

Ok so you're saying that we should order half a portion from each ping species, or that we order totally different species, with different orders? I'll go either way...i'm fine with ordering P. laueana crimson red - looks cute!
biggrin.gif

Besides I don't know whether bestcps will allow us to order half a portion of 2 different species and count it as one portion...hard to do, without even saying that the prices might be different!
wow.gif

Jason

Why doesn't Best Carnivores update their website?
rock.gif

I've heard that its already spring (or late summer) and they've still got 'available in spring 2004!?!' what the #### is wrong with them?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Don't they know that there are cpers out there who are desperate for D.petiolaris, Cephalotuses, Gemmae, and whatever else they have on hold?
rock.gif
And now I don't even know whether what I'm ordering is the best, cheapest, or even suited to m capabilities, all because of their crappy organisation!!! What is wrong with them?
rock.gif

Sorry if it may seem I'm getting a little worked up here, must be due to exam stress, and the fact that 'best carnivores' is SO darn DISORGANIZED!
mad.gif

Looks like I'm gonna have to bombard them with emails...
wink.gif

Jason
tounge.gif

(We might just miss out on a discount or something if we don't act fast and ask best cps to get their 2004 website updated! Typical singaporean kiasuness...
wink.gif
)

Hey, how come some words (the harsher ones I should say) of my last post have been 'filtered' (that was me), missed out or changed?
rock.gif
Is there something wrong with the poster on the boards? Most probably its something wrong with my com...changing my words to other words could be potentially damaging to my reputation...
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Jason

Emailing best carnivores - in progress...
wink.gif

Sent a firm (but polite of course)
tounge.gif
email to best carnivores
wink.gif

(hopefully they won't fall asleep by the time they've finished reading it...
wink.gif

Jason

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vistary @ May 02 2004,4:18)]Jason: I read from a previous post that Cindy keeps it as well. Not exactly easy to keep.. Anyway, from the list, they seem to have a number of varieties to choose from. Its better that you order another variety(e.g P. laueana crimson red) from mine(P. laueana SP3), so that we will have more to share.
Good idea, ill order the crimison red. kind of cute (and cheap for a student like me)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Jason: what i meant is i order one batch of laueana sp3 whereas you order another batch of laueana cimson red(jus a suggestion);
when the order arrive, i take half of ur crimson red while u take half of my sp3...
if they giv us 9 plants... then maybe we can find another person to share (3 each)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vistary @ May 02 2004,11:42)]Jason: what i meant is i order one batch of sp3 whereas you order another batch of laueana cimson red(jus a suggestion);
when the order arrive, i take half of ur crimson red while u take half of my sp3...
if they giv us 9 plants... then maybe we can find another person to share (3 each)
even better idea
smile.gif

Problem might be, if you order the more expensive variety (ie. P.laueana and I order the cheaper species (crimison red) and we trade, won't that be a little unfair on your behalf?
wink.gif

(Do you mind?)
tounge.gif

Jason

Besides, we'll be able to get hybrid seed!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Back