What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cpers, place your orders! :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ May 04 2004,7:27)]Problem might be, if you order the more expensive variety (ie. P.laueana and I order the cheaper species (crimison red) and we trade, won't that be a little unfair on your behalf?
wink.gif

(Do you mind?)
tounge.gif

Jason
havent tot abt the $ problem; if its a few$, its ok.
or perhaps we total up everything and divide it evenly or split the plants in a "biase" manner..
we'll deceide abt that when the oreder arrives

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>My p.laueana juz kicked the bucket!</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The warm temperature is a no-no.  Don't give up yet 'cos for those of you who can keep it cool...maybe around 25-28...there's still a good chance...but it has never grew well for me.  It was growing very slowly eversince I got it. Was under florescent lights. P.agnata, cyclosecta and ehlersiae are do very well under the same conditions.</span></span>

Cindy:
Where have u been?? didnt c u for quite a while...
Anyway, can you kindly give us advice on what ping varieties to get(considering we are novices)?

When? today?
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Okay...change of plans
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Do you have P.agnata, cyclosecta and ehlersiae? Maybe we can order and share...
tounge.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
I've been a maid to my new home!

Anyway, I find p.xweser a tough one for our weather...yah yah, I know many of you have killed at least one, me too...but I haven't got any problem after I grew it on top of perlite. And all my plants are in my stuffy study room with its windows closed half the time!

p.ehlersiae is one of its parent so I bought it. p.moranensis is the other parent so I'll count that a good choice too. I'm quite pleased with p.cyclosecta and p.agnata. Soon they'll be exposed to the elements...when I shift place.
tounge.gif

Which of the three pings (P.agnata, cyclosecta and ehlersiae) are easiest to grow? Thinking about starting off easy...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Ok guys, I've emailed BC with some uestions but they've not replied after some 4-5 days. Jason, did they reply to ur emails?

I just came back from Paris to find most of my plants dead! Sigh...
sad.gif

Thankfully, a ping under my mother's care flowered in my absence. Maybe I should get her to grow the plants...

Jason: No garden...but hoping to turn balcony into a forest!
laugh.gif
From the way they look, all three pings are growing well in the heat.

guqin: Poor thing. I'll be very upset if my plants die. Btw, how's romantic paris?

Well, if you are there to work, there isn't much of a romance to talk about!
smile.gif

Anyway, the last two weeks of April is great, with nice temperature and weather. However, the last week has been quite horrible. Hardly any sun, rain and strong winds. Thank goodness I am back, hopefully I can save some of them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (eBeyonder @ May 08 2004,2:34)]Ok guys, I've emailed BC with some uestions but they've not replied after some 4-5 days. Jason, did they reply to ur emails?
Been 6 days now, no luck with the emails. Maybe they didn't want to reply to demanding customers...
wink.gif

Oh well, guess we'll just have to go with what they've got...

Guqin, did you get to taste any french cusine? Lots of cheese there...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Could it be that they have closed down their business?
They havent updated their website since end 2003 - based on the "available in spring" tag
Any other online nurseries to order from?

I myself was thinking that COULD be the case, however unlikely

Another fact that leads me to believe that they've closed down is the fact that they've not replied to my emails for over a week now!
rock.gif

That could, hpwever, be due to crappy service (which I'm sure they're capable of)
wink.gif
(Or the fact that they've closed down for some unknown reason...should we try contacting other stores (don't know which yet) or do you guys want to wait to see if they reply in the next few days? Ebeyonder, have you sent off the order yet?
wink.gif

Kamil Pasek and Jan Flisek are in Germany this week which could be the problem with delayed e-mails. I hadn't heard they had closed down.

That is a relief. I owe the money and wanted their postal address, and they had not been replying. I did not want to end up on their "black list".
wow.gif

Joe

Rob:
Thanks for the reply, glad to know that the nursery is still around.
We would have otherwise thought of sourcing for an alternative nursery.
smile.gif

Back