What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cpers, place your orders! :)

Yup we would have!
Woohoo, 300 posts already! So fast...
biggrin.gif

i think its easy to see y your posts increase so fast....
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Borneo @ May 12 2004,8:00)]Kamil Pasek and Jan Flisek are in Germany this week which could be the problem with delayed e-mails.  I hadn't heard they had closed down.
How d@mn long can someone stay in Germany?
mad.gif
Won't they get homesick? Or at least cp sick...

Well, are we still ordering from Best cps?? My soil media's been prepared so long ago its startin' to rot!!!
mad.gif
Grrr...

Hey ebeyonder has Best cps emailed you yet? Maybe we should call them, if we can get their tel.number...
smile_l_32.gif

Woohoo, 400 posts already! Uhm, no 500...in 15 days!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
hehe

No, no emails from them and calling them would, I think, be equally unproductive.

Hey S'poreans,
I got a reply from them today.
So are we still proceeding with the ordering?
smile_m_32.gif

Me too! Couldn't post earlier - busy...

Their reply:

Thank you for contacting www.BestCarnivorousPlants.com .

I am very sorry for so late answer, but we are in big time press during
season.

Please search our web page for a new price list which is on this web
address:

http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.com/catalog/price_list.htm
http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.com/catalog/carnivorous_plants.htm

We are looking forward your order.

Payment in advance is required prior sending. Minimum order is EUR 60.

See also our Business conditions:
http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.com/catalog/conditions.htm .

Best regards,

Kamil Pasek
www.BestCarnivorousPlants.com

They took a little more than 'long' is all I can say, but at least they replied! Oh dear, now I feel so bad for shouting at them...
confused.gif

Well, I'm all for the order,anyone else?

The seeds looks interesting, wouldn't mind sharing with someone...
smile_m_32.gif

Jason

Oh yes, by the 'new' price list they mean the older one we looked at...hey they got Drosophyllum...
biggrin.gif

I think the "new" price list has many new plants!

However, I'm afraid that I won't be able to help consolidate any order. I'm slated to go on exchange for a yr from Aug 2004. As such, if the order come late or anything, there could be some complication if I were the one consolidating and hence receiving the plants.

I'm still interested in ordering, but maybe next year cos I only have 1.5 mths before I leave and it won't be very useful to have the plants for only a few weeks before leaving them to the untested care of my brother, for example.

For instance, I would have ordered the red filiformis, the binata extrema, the binata red and adelae. Argh.

A year's a long time...I would be scared to see my plants after a year under my maid's care!
biggrin.gif
You going to be an exchange student or what?

Dangit...I've just realised the Drosophyllum is only for the ICPS meeting, can't be sent by mail. Just realised that they did add more than just the top part about the ICPS...THEY'VE GOT CEPHS!!! Wooooohooooo! Pretty expensive though...and they haven't added many tropical dosera except for slackii (BTW is that named after Adrian Slack or is it just coincidence?) Expensive also...well have a look through the new ones and see if got anything you like!

Hmmm I'm interested in the 'special order for begginers' seeds though, since its for begginers, might find some rare species in that 150...hope they have it labelled though, otherwise its a taxonomic nightmare, on the other hand it could be exciting, hmmm?

Well, is anyone still interested in ordering (and consolidating) for this year? I'll happily chip in if anyone's up for an order, but I think it would be too expensive (becuz of the phyto certs, shipping and all that costs) + I'll have to order a minimum of 60EUR!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
My mum'll flip if she sees a forest arriving at our door...
biggrin.gif

Jason

Maybe we should wait for ebeyonder to get back (hehe since I already spent my future allowance on the NASC...)
biggrin.gif

Yes, I am going to be an exchange student. I may still be ok with placing an order since my maid or someone can always collect the plants on my behalf. However, I'm apprehensive about consolidating the orders since if the plants arrive after I leave, there could be some logistical problems with the payment, delivery, etc. Last thing I want is for all the plants to die while I'm gone!
smile.gif

I think that yes, Slackii is named after Slack. Jason, I don't know about seeds... they take so long to germinate and then even longer to grow into something vaguely resembling an adult plant. Besides, kind donors across the world are always happy to trade (or even give!) away seeds. That's why I was pretty excited about ordering live plants from BCP... somemore the new list has some plants which I really, really want, such as the red filiformis, which seeds I have but are still tiny points of greenish-yellow after 6 mths!!!

The Cep, I think, is fairly priced. I got one from Witabsu with Cindy and guqin last yr and if my memory serves me well, that cost 20 sing bucks but it was very small and died within a week. I think BCP is more generous with the size of its plants and the ceps may actually be bigger. Gotta find out from them. Anyway they do say it's in "clumps", so that prob means bigger plants?

Oh yes, anyone been to FEF or other nurseries? Any new CPs for sale in S'pore? Whatever happened to the CP corner in FEF Thomson which was even supposed to have cobra lilies? LOL.

Anyway, only Jason, ebeyonder are still interested, right?
I'm working part time, so no one will be at home during the weekdays to receive the parcel.
If you guys don't mind waiting till early August(when I stop work), then i'll try to consolidate the orders.

Wooooooohoooooooo! Exams over! Holiday for 2 straight months now *bursting with excitment*
smile_n_32.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

After sobering down a little...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh yes, anyone been to FEF or other nurseries? Any new CPs for sale in S'pore? Whatever happened to the CP corner in FEF Thomson which was even supposed to have cobra lilies? LOL.

No, I don't think so, but I plan on taking a tour of all the nurseries in singapore tomorrow, I'll inform you of any. I'll also be going to the SBG, last time I went it was way too dark to see anyhting at night.

Cobr lilies in singapore?
laugh.gif
I don't think so. Maybe the nursuries learnt to order plant that can better survive the singaporean weather. Wonder where all the FEF pings and capensis went?
smile_m_32.gif

I think I'll flood my plants before going on holiday, asking my maid to water them is as dangerous as asking her not to...
smile_n_32.gif

*sigh* feel so excited, relieved, and anticlimatic...
smile.gif

Jason

Back