What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brasil

some brasilian here??
hi, i live in brasil, sao paulo, and is hard to find CPs here...do someone knows where can i find??if don't know exactly in brasil, tell me the nearest that you know.
send the answers to thrbm@hotmail.com or thiago@cmbm.com.br

sorry about my english...and thanks for the answers

Welcome to the forums, and congragulations on your new addiction, try keeping it even though no many in your country, its fun and you might find new friends cpers, or could start up a club for those interested or to get some into cps, you never know until you try! That's what I found out after joining, I never dreamed so many ppl in singapore were *professional* cp growers so willing to gicv help (TOO many to list), who just pulled me further and further into the hobby and can NEVER get out, but that's a good thing...maybe you can come chat with us sometimes? (And discover the world of cps...(not only in the majority american eyes)
smile_m_32.gif
;)

Keep practicing your english, it'll get better
smile.gif
. You can try ordering from overseas or from online nurseries, try ther net, there's tons of cp companys too anxious to sell their cps.

Ps. Isn't the spelling for 'brasil' : 'Brazil' with a 'z' instead of an 's'?

hey Jason, maybe Brazil is spelled Brasil in portoguese, it is atleast in Norwegian... have you heard of fernado? he is a member of the forum that live in Brazil...

I do beleive that it is spelled Brasil to them. The "z" is in English grammar. Many languages spell their own countries name differently than English, seems to that perhaps they would know how to spell their own name and why do we (ie English) spell it differently. Germany = Deutschland

Joe

As one of their biggest cities is called "Brasilia" and not "Brazilia"...
smile.gif

Deutschland originates from the name of a tribe. The teutons, one of the germanic tribes.

Germany -> the latin people called the tribes Germanic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples)

Germanic is where many languages began. I speak broken German, not fluent. English is my first language and still makes no sense to me even though I'm American and I have spoken American English my whole life.
Anyway I don't have a clue where you could find a CP place in Sao Paulo or Brazil or even S. America. I would imagine therre are some dealings with Heliamphora there though.

Sorry no help
Joe

Don't worry about the English. We can figure thing out from context. Keep asking questions and keep posting.
smile.gif

jimscott ok...thanks for the incentive
Jason Wong thanks!
superimposedhope, no problem...
yep, when you spell, is "brazil", but to write, is brasil (like "casa", sounds like caza...) and i don't know why...hehehe
portuguese is so hard...im brasilian and for me (and most brasilians too) is hard.
PS: casa= house, in portuguese

cya

smile_h_32.gif
 I couldn't log on due to a virus and I see 7 posts before I could welcome you, whiteknight.
So...

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Welcome, welcome to the community of CP-mad-yet-caring people.</span>
smilie4.gif

If you mean finding CPs in collections rather than in the wild, Fernando Rivadavia of Sao Paulo wrote this on another bulletin board last year:

"Strangely enough, over 7 years after abandoning my old CP collection in a greenhouse at the University of Sao Paulo, the plants which look best (I passed by there recently) are some large Pings, maybe P.moranensis. There are still a few Neps around and well as plenty of D.binata and D.spatulata and some D.capensis. Maybe more, I didn't really look (I was more interested in the U.nelumbifolia thriving in a nearby bromeliad where I'd planted them around early 96 I think)."

That greenhouse should not be too hard to find.

Oi!

My wife is Brazilian, and we were in Sao Paulo last June (she is from Jundiai). We were at a shopping mall, there was a plant sale there. I walked around and was surprised to find Venus Flytraps and some Nepenthes there for sale. A lot actually! And they were in absolutely beautiful shape, many red traps and huge pitchers. The weather there is absolutely perfect for growing probably every CP...outside! I just thought I would share my thoughts, perhaps you might have some luck like I did. I'll help you look around too, the best I can here in the US. Feel free to email me. Boa sorte!

You could try emailing my friend in Brasil, Joao Roberto Gabbardo who is a friend to CPers and often helps  those new to the hobby with seeds and spare plants.

jrgabbardo@cpovo.net

Please give Joao my regards, and good luck.

Back